Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
7th June AEG meeting to aid Charity - Page 3 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

7th June AEG meeting to aid Charity

Kimbers

Tthanks guys, for turning up despite the torrential rain. Great to see you and nice to see those who's cars weren't available still turn up.

Your support was greatly appreciated and we have made permanent friends in Hethersett now. I was even asked if we were available for other events.

Well done Owen. Your meticulous attention to detail saved our bacon....well hair. Even though it has taken me 2 hours and a hot shower to warm up.

I will post the piccies later but just to let you know that my brother has called and already told me that all my nephews friends have been talking about us.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done chaps .. sorry I couldn't make it in the end.

Perhaps if the weather returns to something like summer we can go for a blat/hoon on a weekend soon ... before harvest starts of course!

Keep off the straight and narrow

I guess it must be more difficult for you than most of us, as summer arrives the evenings get longer and we can take advantage of it, but for you the work load must grow at least equal to the additional time available, if not more.

Pity you couldn't make it, especially with a 7 as there was a nice range of models (mainly due to MJK).

Andrew,Chris & Dave, good to meet you, hope to see you at either local meets or larger ones (Yes Kimbers to do that I'd have to turn up!).

maybe if we think there's going to be a bit of good weather between now and the end of the month we could do an evening hoon somewhere (evening as weekends seem problematic), even if it's just to the coast or something.

Andy

I like the idea of that Andy, nice hoon over to lowestoft than to Yarmouth and back maybe? With a stop for some grub!

Start a seperate thread and lets get it organised.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

Glad to see everyone again and meet some new people, put faces to names, especially my lookie-likie GT3, Andrew (Mustard98). We had a good chat about our cars, and I've learned a few things that I didn't know looking at Andrews car compared to mine.

It's a shame the weather didn't improve or even let up for five minutes, it was a pleasure to meet MJK, I said to him that the weather reminded me of the Classic Team Lotus day in 2004, it rained all day then until the end of the days event, still being British we are use to the wet!

It would be nice to see some pics as I never got my camera or video out being so wet, I would have loved to videoed the line up as they were parked up nicely. I think the crowds did enjoy when we fired all the cars up, especially Andy and Andrew's that sounded so much like a V8 with his twin outlet exhaust system.

Although I did tell Kimbers my car was off road until I did my cambelt, I was glad I turned up, only the weather could have improved on the day. I'm now going to start work on the cambelt and front crank seal, possibly anything else I notice while it's in the air, so hopefully it will all be done for the next meet, no I am kidding, it won't take me a month to get it done, and weather doesn't stop play now in my dry free work zone!

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

I had packed my deck chair and paper with the intention of a relaxing afternoon lolling in the sunshine, didn't quite work out that way, but I'm came away thinking I'd met a great bunch of guys !!!

I'll try and keep my eye on the site for more meets.

The evening run with a chip shop stop & photo op would be a great idea...Somewhere like Wells or Blakeney Quays

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by Mustard98

Brilliant mate. Call in and lets have a looksee. Address is on your PM.

Here are the pics, finally!

Wow, looks as wet as it felt:

Early in the event. Taken just after the doors opened:

hethersett3.jpg

hethersett2.jpg

hethersett4.jpg

Hmm, the orgainser said, why don't you start your cars....it changed to this:

Hetehrsett.jpg

hethersett0.jpg

Looks like number 7's hands needed warming up????!!!!

Looks wet? Believe me it was wetter than you could believe! Still it was good to see so many turn up and welcome several new attendee's to AEG meets.

Sorry I missed you all lads in more than one way than another, I should have listened to Kimbers and brought the Bond Esprit down and not have gone fishing then I would not have broken my 20ft match rod (pig sick)

Mike Kimberley's 'Can Do' Trim Guru