Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IMPORTANT- Supercar Sunday Booking - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IMPORTANT- Supercar Sunday Booking

Dermot

Actually we are having some work completed on the car on the Friday by PNM Engineering (staying in B7Bs) so we will see you at the pub meet.

Gavman

Lotus Esprit Turbo Chargecooler SE 1991

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gavin,

If you're travelling down from PNM on the Sunday morning, you're more than welcome to fly-in with the NMEG flight.

You've already posted on the NMEG thread so you know where to find times and meeting places.

Dave Walters will also be travelling down from Liverpool that morning so perhaps the two of you could organise a meeting place to start from.

Cheers,

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi gavin,

Make sure you tell PNM that you need your car a day earlier than you really need it otherwise you'll be waiting for it on Sunday morning! PM me and tell me what work you are having done. I will see Pete on Monday and make sure he can definately do the work in the quoted time.

If you are travelling down Sunday then you can come down with me if you like?

Regards,

Dave Walters

Hi Dave and Graham, thanks for that.

We are driving Thurs morning (leaving home I think 6am with ETA 10/11am). Should give Pete plenty of time to fix on a new throttle cable, 1 clutch braided pipe, 1 VSS (not important) and larger front brake kits. Sounds easy but no doubt will take a good few hours.

On the Friday we need to get back home (unless that changes I will let you know closer to the time).

Thanks for the offer to "hoon' with you guys.

See you all soon.

Gavman

Hi Guys...

If anyone wants to go that hasn't arranged tickets give me a shout as I have a car and driver pass available (well - Dermot has in my name)...

My mum passed away Monday and I really don't feel in the mood for car stuff this week :)

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Thanks guys...

Anyone mind if I pass them to an Elise owning friend?

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

sorry to hear about your loss iain.

will see you esprit ppl on sunday then, i will be hiding on the petrolhead nirvana stand and misses supra (classed as a supercar killer LOL) will be with the auto adrenilin boys and girls, so come and have a wander over and say hi if you see us.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Iain ,

Sorry to hear about your mum.

Karl,

Thought you'd have a little salon set up in a corner somewhere doing wash cut and blow dry for a cut price rate!!!! See you there!!!

PS weather report is not the best so be careful out there!!

Thanks for the support guys - hope you have a brilliant day...

Please don't be too hard on my friend Jonathan who's going to use my tickets - he'll be in his Elise - but I'm sure you can start sowing the seeds of Espritdom B)

Iain

• Gold FFM

Hi guys - bit of a last minute thing:

My dear old mum has come to stay with us this weekend, and is gagging for a ride out in the Esprit. I appreciate it's too late for tickets (and we probably don't have time for an all day jobbie) but if anyone's hooning up the M40, it'd be great to treat her to her first bit of formation flying, say as far as rendezvous in Oxford!

So what, if any, is the current arrangement? Gav, are you going from home? Anyone else joining M25/M40?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Cheers Peter - very decent of you. Will PM you tomorrow if we can afford the time to attend, although we might have to leave early & I don't know if that's possible at this venue?

Anyhow, I hope I don't get to benefit from your misfortune, and that you sort the coolant out without hassle!

Whatever happens, I'll take me mam out, at least to Oxford - it would be good to meet with others along the way though - she'd love it!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

no worries the tickets (were for driver car and passenger) will be a freebe, so if my rad has gone at least you and your mum can have a day on me .

all the best.

pm later and i will send you my mobile number, looks like a great day so would be worth while making the time. still hopeing that i can fix.

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Take care on the M40 guys, especially between J9 and Gaydon. The police are out on the

day and we have had to tip-toe past them to this show before now. They know the show is

on (and that it was cancelled one year due to speeding supercars on the M40). Just keep a

good look at what you are passing after banbury, as they will police between the two junctions

(the warwick border).

Bet i get nicked now.

:animier:

Any idea if it's the same southbound Paul..........jcts 16 to 12 ?

Perhaps someone with good eye-sight or one of those detector thingies will have to lead the NMEG flight :lol:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I'll be stealthing it in via the lanes I reckon, motorway is such a drag. If you fancy a nice bit of open A road action I can recomend getting off at the Leamington junction and following the B4100 to Gaydon, plenty of straights and long sweeping bends!!

The police will be running their evo and Impreza that day I happen to know so don't think everyone is a boy racer trying to see how fast your car is!!

Sorry about your loss Iain.

I just woke up after a slow drive through the night from Liverpool! Suffered from an awful out of balanced rear wheel, just fixed (45g metal needed, wow).

Dave many many thanks for looking after us over the last two days. We did not realise you were not coming this Sunday but at least had the chance to see your gorgeous Esprit and pussy cats. And we are also glad the main part of the work was completed by Pete.

Sparky, nice to hear that you and your mum are going along. Yes we will be going from our home. Plan to leave at 7.30 am, join us if you can. I think your mum will enjoy the ride and the day out should she come to the show. We will drive carefully as I am running in my new brake kit...

Hope you fixed your S4 Peter.

Now I need to slap my face to wake up, down a Lucozade and wash my SE.

Edited by gavman

Gavman