Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2008 Classic Car Show @ the NEC - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2008 Classic Car Show @ the NEC

The Sharon Stone idea is a great suggestion. :lol:

Aye, and you need a white and a black SE (hers and hers) for that! :o

I'm counting and its:

White S1 (bond submarine car)

White Turbo (bond car that blows up)

Copper Turbo (bond car with ski rack)

Silver SE (pretty woman)

Black SE (basic instict sharon stone)

White SE (basic instict lesbian lover car)

Did film producers not like the newer cars or something?

:P

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like i will be available now :lol:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Aye, and you need a white and a black SE (hers and hers) for that! :)

I'm counting and its:

White S1 (bond submarine car)

White Turbo (bond car that blows up)

Copper Turbo (bond car with ski rack)

Silver SE (pretty woman)

Black SE (basic instict sharon stone)

White SE (basic instict lesbian lover car)

Did film producers not like the newer cars or something?

:shock:

Wasn't there also a green 300 Sport in the Rookie?

Wasn't there also a green 300 Sport in the Rookie?

Ah, is that where Krishna Kandahai got the idea for his lime green S300?

As for the comment about film-makers not liking the later cars, I think greed has got in the way of artistic credibility these days, and small manufacturers can't get a look in for big names pushing their tin as hard as they can. If the remade Pretty Woman today I would bet my mortgage there would be an Audi R8 in it.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update you on things.

I have been talking to an exhibition company looking at layout and equipment for a stand.

Obviously anything we do is going to cost money.

The layout is fairly minimal with 5 cars and a few banners etc.

Still the price is ~

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

dont think we cant get round the electricity supply issue, as the compaies that work the NEC have it all sewn up, they will argue they must do all stand wiring as to meet the NEC requiremnts etc and then charge an arm and a leg for a socket that they install three time a month in the same spot year in year out

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the offer Graham.

I've not got 6 weeks to get everything sorted and organised for this event (despite it being in November) and with the factory day coming up I've not given it much thought. I'd better get on and fill out the 4 page risk assessment they want from us :cheers:

We have decided that the theme will be a time line of cars (we'll save the movie/Bond one for a smaller stand). We can fit at least 4 cars on the stand so we'll have one from the 70's, 80's 90's & 00's and hopefully get some posters/display or something similar made up showing things of the appropriate decade. As always any designer/artistic types & those than can offer materials and assistance please speak up!

Laura,

Reading back through this thread, there are lots of offers of Cars and Help over the 3 days.

Now you have decided on the theme, could you decide on the cars, and then arrangements can be made for the weekend,

I am assuming that the cars have to be onsite on the Friday and cannot leave until the show is over on the Sunday

I am avalable with car for the duration (80's)

Well my car is avaible to do the 90's(98).

and you could print off all the year's edition's like the one's on 'Esprit world' as Nick did for our stand,this works well as its shows the year and give's a good indication as to the mod's each year or edition had.

Just a thought.see out photo of the stand and you'll see them hanging down,but these could be blown up and made into some sort of poster,only an idea.....

GC1

Thanks for the offers guys.

Nick - we've got a lot to sort out so we'll decide on the cars once everyone has had the chance to volunteer. We do really appreciate your offer as well as everyone else that has offered help throughout this thread but I certainly wont say no to any more offers :cheers:

The cars will need to be on site between 9am-midday on Thursday 13th November(we'll get given our time slot closer to the day) and will have to stay there until after 6pm on Sunday 16th November, they will also need to have minimum fuel, batteries disconnected, drip trays and the like.

Graham - That's just what we plan to do Cliff very kindly created that booklet for us for the Ally Pally show containing one of every model in date order, I think side by side that should just about cover the length of the stand and be a great way to showcase the Esprit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to voulenteer my Chrome Orange GT3 (the star of Classic and Sportscar Dec 07)for the 90's (will have shiney new paint) and me. I only live less than an hour away and am more than willing to help set up and break down the stand and man as required. The only time I cannot be at the show is sat pm as Gina has bought me a Murder Mystery night on the Severn Valley Railway. Oh and I promise not to dislocate my knee this time 2 days before.

Ade

Once again, thank-you to everyone that has offered help/cars/equipment so far. I've gone through this thread and I think I've got all this right, please let me know if you are now unable to assist, have other commitments, your car wont be available, what days you are free etc. so as soon as the factory day is 'out of the way' we can concentrate on getting this show organised. Equally if you're not on the list and you have car/can help/have display equipment please please please don't be shy :(

Cars

87 Turbo - gghc87

90's GT3 - gasmanget3

Volunteers

Laura Thurs - Sun

Bibs Thurs - Sun

Mr Oogieboogie days?

gghc87 - Fri - Sun

Iain - days?

Alex --GT3-- - (Fri TBC) Sat - Sun

Howard (?) - Days?

gasmanget3 - Fri & Sun

Kimbers (?) - Fri - Sun

oneshot - (Thurs if needed) Fri - Sun

dodgy(?) - days?

SE Owner - days?

gc1 - most days

Equipment

projectors, screens,general AV equipment - ajj205

2 projectors - gc1

engine? - andyclements

Time line brochures - Cliff

hi Laura,

just double checking the work calendar, and I need to see if I can get someone to deputise for a meeting that I run on the Friday. If I can then , yes put me down for Fri-Sun. Will let you know ASAP

Alex

Laura

I've booked out the weekend for this, so put me down for Friday - Sunday.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein