IGNORED

Pleasant Surprise

peter_england99

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teigan

the ferra and lambo owners in my neighborhood are well behaved. not sure how many of them are paid for though; such is america. the porsche guys are typically slimey. doubt anyone is envious of my car with the ratty paintwork. i don't flash my lights at anyone, as that is seen as a warning sign here. i do toot the horn and wave at other exotics, but the drivers usually look more surprised than anything.

yeah i find the same, a modded lambo murci (that i wasnt racing OK) on the M1 pulled up along side me with a cam corder out the window filming me and some friends, and was waving etc etc, but as for porsche and the odd roller skate (elise) owners there c#ocks bahahah.

but then again why wave to a porsche anyway, there like beemer owners of the exotic world he he he

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Porsches are NOT exotics.

They are not supercars for that same reason!

They ARE impressively engineered, high performance cars but to be a supercar you have also to be exotic. To be exotic you cannot be made at a rate of over 10 squillion a year!

They *tend* (not always) to be driven by people looking for the final lifestyle accessory - the last publicly viewable marker of their success, rather than true car enthusiasts. (There will always be exceptions but my guess is they will also probably own the more exceptionals models - eg RS's?)

In the past I have had very good reactions / waves from Ferrari owners and a very surprised looking guy in a brand, spanking new DB9, when he turned into my road and said hello as I was leaving with a GT3 following me! :D

Having said that I also encountered a 308 owner who wouldn't even acknowledge our presence!

Never encountered a Lambo while in my Esprit tho...

The boys did happen upon a Gallardo when we went to Wales - V8 GT, S4s & an X180.... He was out around town, posing in his new supercar when three of the buggers all turn up at once :blink:

The words Rain and Parade spring to mind :o

Just remembered the time I was on a way to a meet with BN in his GT3 (I think) and we saw a Testarossa with a Countach on the M25, they waved and were friendly :D They wouldn't budge 1mph over 70 though! Definitely car enthusiasts but not DRIVING enthusiasts :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

The area I live in is close to a lot of the Houstons well to do. As such we see "exotics" of all types on a regular basis. It always struck me as odd that the "exotic" owners would wave, stop by and chat when I had the Esprit out in the drive or parked at the local Starbucks, or a chance encounter at a gas stop. The porsche owners, on the other hand, are not the friendliest of sorts. Not all of them, but for the most part.

What's even funnier is how they behave amongst themselves. At a local pub in town there is a monthly gathering held which is open to anything, (automotive), of interest.

When the porsche guys show up it's funny to see how the 911 types snub the boxster owners.

My guess is that when an individual goes into a German car dealership and signs the contract, a transformation takes place. The use of turn signals is forgotten, driving courtesy is dismissed, and all the norms of good social behavior are wiped clean from the memory banks.

Odd how that happens to be.

Ferrari owners are a strange bunch...

Just got my Esprit, pulled out of the dealership and stopped at the traffic light. Scarred sh!tless, sweating and driving like a little old lady. 355 F1 pulls up beside me and starts making all the usual gestures.

He drops clutch and off he goes... Catch up at next light and he winds down window, has some chirp and a nod of appreciation. Think he saw my ashen face and thought Newbie! What have I done? I've owned my Esprit for 5 minutes and is this what I should be expecting?

We meet up every so often at a Diner for breakfast on Sundays. Ferrari and Lambos a plenty in the car park. They make damn sure they are not seen, but every now and again you catch them walking around the Esprits and TVR's pointing and nodding.

Find them (Ferrari & Lambo owners) a bit of an elitist bunch - but they do appreciate something a bit more exotic and rare than what they own.

Probably won't get an invite to have a pint with them, but I think a bit of respect all round is shown when we pass each other on the roads.

P.S. We flash headlights in this country to warn others that the pigs are speed trapping. Generally don't do it for drivers of certain German sedans and sportscars though. Think I've voiced my contempt elsewhere on this forum...