Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Hoon - 13th July 2008 - Page 3 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Hoon - 13th July 2008

I think inviting people is fine as long as the numbers don't exceed 20 or so. It would be nice to have some non Esprits present.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm almost certain to be non-Esprit ...... or Esprit + non-Esprit.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Now you're just boasting.....with the signature!

I really don't care where we go but a little high speed dual carraigeway never hurt.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Any chance of having that big enough so we can read the map ?

It obviously starts at the showground, A47, A11 to Wymondham and then off left past Hethel, down to New Buckenham, back round to the A140 and The Ram, down to Brome and across to Debenham, over the otherside (as suggested) but then I cannot read it to see which roads we then take to Aldeburgh.

Smart Rs :)

Using those glasses. Down side to having good eyesight is you can't use them as magnifying glasses (whilst looking 80 years old at the same time).

Surely you could use your beer goggles Kimbers :)^_^

Hi,

Map again, obviously this route isn't set in stone, if someone knows a more senic one or better suited to the cars feel free to suggest, but I've taken on board Nifty's suggestions and amended the route.

Who's going so far? These names are what we have at the moment:

Simonf - I have a spare seat if someone wants a lift

Kimbers - and hot daughter!

Nifty - is that just coinsidence?

Owen & Tracy

Andy

What about you guys? Tobi, Bendan, Graeme, Chris, Andrew and David with his Elan? Or anymore possibles?

I will print the final map and hand it out on the day with written directions. Although you will have to eat it and destroy evidence if stopped, we can't be seen to be organised, we are just random people all going to Aldebaugh. :)^_^

map01.jpg

map02.jpg

map03.jpg

map04.jpg

map05.jpg

map06.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

There are two fish & chip shops in Aldeburgh High Street. Both under same ownership and equally good. But in terms of access (and pub next door) the better known and more popular Aldeburgh Fish & Chip shop has a slight edge.

But not sure if they're open all afternoon on Sundays. Will ring tomorrow and report back.

Sorry guys - you will have to count me out! I was replacing my Exhaust to Turbo gasket and manage to sheer a stud! Nett result = removal of turbo, taking it to good ol' Buddsy getting him to drill out the stud, buy a new stud and refit which is going to take forever! ^_^

Catch you next time!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Sorry guys - you will have to count me out! I was replacing my Exhaust to Turbo gasket and manage to sheer a stud! Nett result = removal of turbo, taking it to good ol' Buddsy getting him to drill out the stud, buy a new stud and refit which is going to take forever! :(

Catch you next time!

No excuses Simon, you have seventeen days to do that job, I want to see a blue G car there other than Andy's! :(

That's not in the spirit of Chapman thinking in the words of Kimbers quote:

Colin Chapman to Mike Kimberley 1969: " There are 14 days to every week, today, tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night etc etc" So you actually have 34 days!

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

I will print the final map and hand it out on the day with written directions. Although you will have to eat it and destroy evidence if stopped, we can't be seen to be organised, we are just random people all going to Aldebaugh. :(:(

How on Earth would we ever give the impression of being organised?

Oh, Si, we will get it fixed in time. WE WILL.

But should something else happen, then we always have the spare seat in the light blue car option.

Andy

Owen, post it up on other Lotus sites, lets try and get other Lotus's involved. 5 (or 4) isn't even a hoon!

Hi,

The weather was nice today and my Esprit was so Tracy and I decided to go for a drive, so we thought we would give our hoon route a test. The route is fine, but I have made an adjustment on the last section, instead of cutting across I have decided to go south further than come back on the A12, then continue on the original route. the reason for this is this includes some more A road that is also dual carriageway, I found most of the route is B road, nice and twisty, but lacked some smooth A road and dual carriageway, so this is why the change.

Also to change is the pit stop. We stopped at the Ram pub, but I have to say it was packed, so unless we book exact number which I can't see us knowing until the day, only a guess, then getting served may take time, and we could see people where waiting when we arrived which was about 12.30pm. So we left the Ram and then went down into Scole and tried the Scole Inn, this has ample parking, and we tried the food which was ok and reasonably priced, less than a

Edited by OwenGT3

What did you think of the road around Helmingham Hall Owen ?

I remember passing some hall, couldn't say exactly where it was! :devil: Generally the route was fine, perhaps more suited to Elises, Exiges and Lotus Sevens, but passable for Esprits, this is why I changed it to add some smoother road suited to the Esprit.

I've now posted this over on SELOC now. :lol:

Owen

I'll post it up on LEC.

Hi,

Can we have a more positive yes or no to this trip if possible please? I will need numbers to tell Scole inn how many to expect, also others on SELOC are enquiring how many cars are attending from this group. These are the names down so far, but I've put question marks against some regarding their present situation and whether they will make it.

Simonf - ?

Kimbers - and daughter ?

Nifty

Owen & Tracy

Andy

James - ?

Local AEGers who haven't said: Tobi, Bendan, Graeme, Chris, Andrew, Ralph and David with his Elan? Anymore possibles?

If the weather is like yesterday it will be an excellent run if we have about 10 or more cars, I was getting looks just on my own, so 10+ will really impress.

Owen.

Buddsy has done my turbo stud - so there is a very good chance i can make it! My MOT is due on the seventeenth so not even that can stop me! Look forward to what looks like an excellent route!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!