Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Hoon - 13th July 2008 - Page 4 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Hoon - 13th July 2008

We told you so !!

Keep off the straight and narrow

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My turbo is on! the exhaust is on! The boot floor is back in! The hex bolts that hold the drive shaft are tight (they were finger tight which is a bit worring as i have been blasting the car down the A47 at more that 100 bananas!) i just need to do a test run tomorrow and i am good to go!

I have a small weep from where the wategate joins the turbo, but that should inpact too much on the drive-ability of the car, everything else seems ok so fingers crossed i get full boost and flames from my exhaust!!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Darn...

11th Fly to stansted, go to GST Newmarket, pick up new V8.

12th Clean car, spend all day getting pi$$ed with family and friends to celebrate...

13th, being 40 with a monster hangover...(and a shiney V8:)

I feel we should do some sort of drive by celebration of the new car (which I assume is your birthday present to yourself) on the way to Tobi & Sell's (that's just prompted me to look at what's happening on that day).

Andy

ok - weather and hangover permitting I'll pick up the trail at scole - have a carrot juice and save myself for fish and chips at Aldeburgh.

so...

Simonf - ?

Kimbers - and daughter ?

Nifty

Owen & Tracy

Andy

James - ?

and...Charles of Cantabrigia

Andy - I got bored asking Santa. In fact I've a suspicion that bearded git doesn't actually exist...

Edited by CharlieC

You'd better be near the front, to avoid loud bangs from exhausts, as I try to avoid mine doing it, Simonf trying to ascertain if his still does it, OwenGT3 has a new exhaust so I don't know if it bangs, then of course there's Kimbers (Mr slow-not) and James, if he's in the Scooby then he'll make mine seem quiet in comparison.

Andy - I'm a bit worried about what to do with the extra weight (not just the cars) expecting to play nice until I've dialed into the handling - the S4 was a go kart but I'm expecting sth a bit more.... "for comfort"...

(ps - why can I only see the picture in preview mode and not in the thread - 'm I being thick?)

(pps - talking of thick I've just realised where tobi and sell are and what you're all doing on saturday 12th. I'll be here cooing over the car not a million miles away - come over and have a glass of pop!)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=20

Edited by CharlieC

Hi,

Just another reminder to AEGer's and anyone else interested in attending, could you add your name to the list please, this will help me to sort a rough figure to tell the pub on how many to expect, thanks.

So far:

Simonf - G Turbo Esprit

Kimbers and daughter - S4 Esprit

Nifty - Esprit or Lotus 7

Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

Andy - Bits of every Esprit added together to make some hybrid monster Esprit! :lol:

James - Scooby

Charles of Cantabrigia - Esprit V8GT

Owen

Still 11 at Thickthorne?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Still 11 at Thickthorne?

Tony, I think you must have been the lad at school that always got the blackboard rubber thrown at him, Pay attention! <_<

I moved the meet to Longwater because I was unsure how many car would turn up, and there is more space there and it gives us a little extra run down the bypass. Whether we are on the Sainsbury car park or near the Pizza Hut, If people park on the Sainsbury car park I would park on the one on the other side of the road behind the petrol station to Sainsburys, it has no barriers and will be empty at that time I would have thought. I think the large car park near Pizza Hut may have a barrier so don't know if it's open at 10.30 or 11am, I'm sure we will find each other.

I think the time you suggested Tony was what I was going for 11am, so be there for about 10.30/45am. I will print some maps up but use the latter one in this thread if you wish to print a full colour version off, mine will only be B&W two sided A4 and does anyone know of anyone else coming who isn't on our forum list? I just need to give a rough number of attendees for Scole Inn.

Most people have done this sort of thing, but it would be nice to keep everyone together and more as a group and not feel like you are travelling along so if you do want to blast at least slow down occassionally for others to catch up, although this route is mostly windy roads.

Look forward to see everyone.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Charlie - don't worry about dialing into the handling, if you go behind me and work on the principle that if i make, you will definately make...you will be alright (andyclements will tell you why! - he thought he had dodgy steering! You just don't hear me moaning about it!)

Andy - yes i am coming in the Essex Blue!

Everybody else - i have filled my tanks (

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Lets make it the Car park behind Sainsbury's (the one near Pet shop etc as you can get to it round the back and avoid those steep speed humps.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi All,

I hope to make Sunday but I won't know if I am working until Saturday, so as long as you don't mind a late notice I would love to tag along :smiling:

Graeme.

Gumin, if you can make it that would be great just turn up at the RV point, if not we will see you some other time!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi

Head recount for Sunday.

Simonf - G Turbo Esprit

Kimbers and daughter - S4 Esprit

Nifty - Esprit or Lotus 7

Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

Andy - Bits of every Esprit added together to make some hybrid monster Esprit!

James - Scooby

Charles - Esprit V8GT

Graeme - S Turbo Esprit

Ten then, possibly an odd one or two more? 82 from SELOC have viewed the thread, but I've had no confirms as such, so they might surprise us and get the odd Elise/Exige turn up. What about LEC, any takers?

Owen.

I notice that the NMEG took a group photo at a Lotus dealership (obviously to make it look like they are many - when really they are few) i suggest that we stop off at strattons, pull some punters off the street to pose by some cars for sale and post a thread saying that we have 20+ attendee, what says you?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

In that case I think we nee to claim we've just lots of peole join , all of whom own Morgans.

Last time I was at Strattons I didn't see an Esprit, a few Lotus cars, but mainly Elises.

Lets pop in and see Guy and have a coffee. Fly the flag so to speak.