Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BUGGER. esprit dropped all it coolent - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BUGGER. esprit dropped all it coolent

hello everyone.just got back home noticed that the low level coolent light was on saw some steam, and managed to get in to a mcdonalds carpark, all coolent gone, hope its apipe as when i refilled it was coming out as fast as i was putting it in. any tips on getting to the rad would be great as i will have to use axle stands im hoping its a pipe looking at how fast it was coming out i thing the top hose may have come off. as i want to make it to supercar sunday

all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like inlet manifold to water pump pipe. About

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Sounds like the rad's gone.

The pipe fitting is at the bottom on that side - however it might be spraying up into the body and dripping down....

Sorry to bear bad news but that job is a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (<----- insert foul language here)

If not you might be ultra ultra ultra lucky and it be the air bleed port that's popped out (turn the wheel facing out and it's at the top of the rad there).

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

thanks Jonathan, the air bleed looks fine, so i still hoping its the pipe, will be stripping it down tomorrow lunch, any tips on what i need to undo to get to it? at least i know where to bleed it. all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I had a problem like that on the way to Top Gear. The bottom hose had popped off. However as Jon says it is on the bottom and you would be able to see it with the wheel turned.

Fingers crossed it is something as simple.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

If it is the rad that's at fault it's a real pain to access. Ideally, get the car on a lift or the front over a pit. You'll then need to swivel the oil coolers out of the way (easier said than done) to get at the rad itself.

Depends where the coolant is coming from - as I say the pipe enters the pas side at the bottom so if it was leaking it should be deflected by the radiator fairly low down.

All you need is your eyes really to see where the leak is coming from - if it's the rad forget fixing it in a day, it's a real job and a half - not tricky, just a pain in the ass. IMO better left to a garage to sort out. You ideally need the front a substantial way off the floor - I did mine with jacks and another pair of hands and it was a beatch to do.

The only other thing it could be is the chargecooler rad which might have gone, either which way changing them is a pain.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk