Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
East Anglia Lotus Club - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

East Anglia Lotus Club

OwenGT3

Hi,

Yesterday while at the Royal Norfolk Show I spotted a stand representing the club called 'East Anglia Lotus Club'. I said to the chap that I had never heard of them to which he replied that is not an unusual answer, but apparently this group has been going since 1982, so quiet a while.

The club meeting is held every 2nd Monday of each month 8/8.30pm at the Half Moon Inn, Rushall, Diss, Norfolk. IP21 4QD. I plan to attend the next one to see what it's all about, just wondered if anyone else from AEG would like to attend with me? I've already mentioned to Andy who has said he would come along and it's not far for Norfolk or Suffolk people to attend.

Here is the link to the website:

East Anglia Lotus Club

Having looked at the site this group does organise a lot of events of interest, and not just Lotus. The chap I spoke to was very enthusiastic and said he would be very pleased to see our cars attend, time for a list I think!

Owen

Andy C

Owen.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Owen

I did the Helmingham Hall day with these guys last year - was a very good day out! One of our LEC members is in Ipswich and belongs to EALC too!

Even got to do the charge up the tree lined driveway with The Lord as the M.C.

Many of them use GST at Newmarket (as I do too!)

Dave.

As Dave says, they seem a good bunch of people. Have quite a few Esprit owners within their membership too. Chatted to one or two of them at Helmingham Hall a couple of years ago. Will try and dig out some of the pics I took during the next few days.

Meantime, I'll add myself to the list.

Owen

Andy C

James

So what date is the meeting............ :( I have a huge hangover and need to write it in my diary before I burst into tears and pass out at my desk.

Owen

Andy C

James

Kimbers

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

Straight from the website:

Club meetings are held every 2nd Monday of each month 8 / 8.30pm onwards subject to announcements in the Events page.

We meet at the Half Moon Inn, Rushall, Diss, Norfolk. IP21 4QD (01379 740793)

There is a large area of car parking available.

Come along for a friendly natter - attendance with a Lotus is definitely not compulsory!

The next club meeting at this venue is on July 14th 2008

Owen

I went along about this time last year (before I got involved with you lot!!) and I have no inclination to go again ... very polite and friendly but the word anorak wouldn't have been out of place. When I suggested a couple of 7s turning up the next month they got rather concerned !!

They appeared to be a polishers club.

Obviously the above is my personal opinion from one visit.

Keep off the straight and narrow

I went along about this time last year (before I got involved with you lot!!) and I have no inclination to go again ... very polite and friendly but the word anorak wouldn't have been out of place. When I suggested a couple of 7s turning up the next month they got rather concerned !!

They appeared to be a polishers club.

Obviously the above is my personal opinion from one visit.

Hi,

I got a different impression from the guy at the Royal Norfolk Show. He was very keen for me to come along and bring what ever Lotus cars we all had in our group. Generally I think most groups that get together with a common interest could be called 'Anorak', we must look no different in the AEG if you were someone looking in from the outside.

I also get it with the Star Wars club I attend, but I don't give a *hit what other people think, I know when I attend these groups I'm going because I enjoy meeting the people and we have this common interest, better than talking to some nerd I have nothing in common with like I have to at work sometimes!

At the moment I have these names as attending:

Owen

Andy C

James

Kimbers

Simonf - Can you make it?

Anymore takers?

Owen

Hi,

Are these people still on for the EALC meeting on Monday?

Owen

Andy C

James

Kimbers

Simonf

Club meetings are held every 2nd Monday of each month 8 / 8.30pm onwards subject to announcements in the Events page.

Come along for a friendly natter - attendance with a Lotus is definitely not compulsory!

Oh and Andy, you have added it to the calendar, but the wrong month, it's this coming Monday on the 14th July, not 14th August! D'Oh! Andy and dates don't mix!

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Owen,

i

I am going to see how Sunday goes before committing to this event - I have only just cobbled the thing back together and this will be its first outing, so lets wait and see!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Ditto. Will see how much fuel I have left after Sunday. Money issues this month.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

Right this thread needs pinning quickly as it's today!

Who's coming to this meet? I think this is just a social visit, food can be ordered if you fancy it when you get there.

Owen - YES

Andy - YES

James ?

Kimbers ?

Simonf ? (I can collect you if you want to come Simon, not a problem)

Andrew ?

EALCmap.jpg

Meet at Thickthorn at 7.30pm?

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Like Andy I'm too ill (not been off the loo since yesterday)...anyone else have problems?

Sorry Mate, check it out for us.

Hi

I had a similar problem last night, stomach cramp, visit to loo. I think it was the mushrooms, which is a shame really, the visit a week earlier T and I made we had no problems with stomach upsets, sorry about that guys.

I will be popping down tonight just to check this group out, I think trim god Nick F should be there as he

Hi,

Well it turns out we ended up at this venue. I thought everyone had cried off, but Andy was feeling better and up for it, so he gave me a call and we went down, nice bunch of people, on first impressions not 'anoraks' as Nifty said. They did say Nifty have you got the Esprit on the road again, I said we are still waiting to see it! :lol

Andy and I bought some goodies from the club president, Andy bought 50,000 key fobs for all his cars, he'll be able to distinguish each key easily as they all have Lotus key fobs now! I bought 1 keyfob, some lapel pins and sew on patches, I'm going to make up my JPS shirt to wear to events with my genuine JPTL patches, just need two Essex patches for the sleeves which the guy did have, but I forgot to get some.

I have photos so will upload later on, two Esprits where there and another guy has one of the last 6 Esprits made as well as an Exige which he was in last night.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Sounds like a good evening Owen, sorry i couldn't come but i did get quite far with the strip down of my car! I got the engine surround (firewall type thing) out, got the pipes that obsured access to the offending pipe (without loosing my knuckles) got the split pipe off the water pump, just to find that it is one of the pipes that run through the chassis to the rad!!!

Please post photo's of the event when you can!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

we told them all about LEF and AEG, hopefully some will attend out meetings. As Andy said there is a BBQ at the factory club house, free entry to the Police Gala if you attend in your car, there is a chance if you wish to pay to attend the Helmingham Festival of Classic & Sports Cars, want sure about dates but having checked it doesn't clash so will see about going to this one, but apprently you need to confirm this week if you wish to join in the procession, I think Andy's up for it.

I think there are more events, can't remember all that was said. We were the last there so it must have been a good evening, we were both talking to the V8 owner at the end, also Nick Fulcher was there so chatted to him.

Owen

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1105.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1114.jpg