Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG meeting 05th August 2008 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG meeting 05th August 2008

simonf

Hi guys,

Sorry we missed most of you for one reason and another at the last AEG meeting, but it is time to start organising the next.

I would like to voice my preference for the pub that we went to last time (The Dog Inn was it?) as there was plenty of parking, the food was agreeable and atmosphere was better than the Pykerell, which has been a bit quiet and not so friendly as late!

Please let me know your thoughts!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or somewhere new?

Keep off the straight and narrow

Or somewhere new?

Hey you are the local boy! Any where you can recommend?

By the way Ernie was a nice chap, he can come again!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Ernie's a top bloke !!

Why don't we find somewhere just down/off the A140?

I've always wondered what the Bucks head at Thwaite is like, but the journey there is literally straight down the A140.

Since August is a month with long evenings why don't we try to find somewhere when we are on our hoon.

Also there is the pub at Horringer where the chap has the Westfield XI .. can't remember it's name.

This would be easier for the Cambs contingent.

Sounds good!

Now as the new appointed leader of the Mighy AEG i request that, you, as my newly appointed recognasence officer to check it out! and you must try the beer to make sure it meets our very high standard! :)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Si, yes it was The Dog Inn at Norton.

Mr Nifty, Sir, if you need a hand with further research/sampling the :) I'll (very) selflessly put myself forward!

Think we've also got one or two possible venues left over from our last Suffolk reconnaissance trip to test out. I'll dig out the names if you like?

PM me and we'll sort out some dates.

Think we've also got one or two possible venues left over from our last Suffolk reconnaissance trip to test out.

Oh thats how you spell Reconnaisnce! I was sure there was a 'g' in there! I guess all that money my parents spent on my edjucashun was wasted then!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I would like to attend an AEG event (with my car this time) but it will need to be during my 2 weeks field break.

I get home on August 20th for a fortnite - so if there is an AEG even in that window then I will be there.....probably!

AEG-banner.jpg

Anyone got any thoughts on the next venue?

Anyone interested in coming?

Is anyone out there?

Yes - Nifty and I are on the case and will report back in due course.

Yes - me

Yes - me

Hi - I would like to attend an AEG event (with my car this time) but it will need to be during my 2 weeks field break.

I get home on August 20th for a fortnite - so if there is an AEG even in that window then I will be there.....probably!

You're in luck. The AEG meets normally fall on the first Tuesday of the month, so there'll be one on 2nd September :devil:

I hope to make it on the 5th Simon. Had a good time last meet.

Nifty, if you're sampling the fayre, let me know when, I may well have to come and help add a balanced view to the proceedings!

Cheers,

Ernie

Edited by Norfolk Ern

Welcome aboard Ernie.

Did you get my message yesterday with regard to the crush washers for the oil sender on the 7 ?

If you're at work this morning pop in your way home, I'll be in.

James,

We need to arrange a date for our sampling night.

I can't help but think of an episode from All creatures great and small, market time, when the farmers come in to settle their outstanding accounts, one kicks off about his bill.

Can't remember the service the vet performed, but the farmer wasn't happy being charged for all these "dittos", as he had any dittos, yes he'd had lots of the same thing, but not dittos.

Andy

Nifty,

Have crush washers.

Sorry I didn't drop in last night, we had a busy day on "Project X" in Suffolk, so didn't get in till late.

Should be going out later, so will drop them in. Alternatively I'm here till tea time if you want to pop in.

Are you going to Snett tomorrow?

Ernie

I hope to attend and will need food. Will confirm a bit nearer the time as I have a few foreign work trips being planned for me at the minute. Working hard to keep that date clear.

Ralph

am i getting confused? i thought this meeting was for the 5th August! I can't see anything on the EALC for the 5th! I see a trip on the sunday being the 3rd but not the fifth!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Our own AEG meeting is on the 5th August, but members of EALC can attend a BBQ at the Lotus club house on the 21st August.

Straight from EALC news letter

AUGUST 3 (Sunday)

Helmingham Hall Classic Car Show. More inside.

AUGUST 17 (Sunday)

Rougham Classic Car Show. More inside.

AUGUST 21 (Thursday)

Traditional annual club barbeque evening at the Lotus

Clubhouse, Hethel. Food and drink available at virtually

cost price. No booking