Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Cambridge Meeting Tuesday 2nd September - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Cambridge Meeting Tuesday 2nd September

simonf

Thanks Andy,

Guess I would prefer to opt for the dining club this time as it would probably be dark by the time I made Snetterton, that is it I made the exit from the M25 without incident. Yes it would be nice having a blast around the track in a 7 albeit in the passenger seat, but I really dont think it would be the same in the dark and I would probably be late for any food and drink as well.

Sorry Nifty, but some of us aren't that local.

Regards

Ralph

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph,

My posting above was written with a cheeky smile (couldn't be faffed with searching for the correct emoticons) and was aimed at the Norwich boys ... particularly Captain Slow, who's all Snettertoned out.

That said, Snetterton is not that much further on from The Dog at Norton ... but you are correct that you probably wouldn't make it in time for a ride round.

On the assumption that the parts turn up so that the car is up and running I'll do the track evening next week but I'll most likely do a full day at Snetterton some time in the autumn before I shut her away (if I don't bend her at Cadwell beforehand).

Javelin have got an open pit lane day on Sunday 9th November at a good price and it's a 105dB day too (my car was last recorded at 103dB!!) so may well do that, so the offer of rides remains open ... though they will probably charge a tenner or so for each passenger.

(Might possibly be going to the Nordschleife this autumn too, with a friend who wants to better his previous time and break 7 minutes in his Radical SR8 !!!!)

Keep off the straight and narrow

Ralph,

My posting above was written with a cheeky smile (couldn't be faffed with searching for the correct emoticons) and was aimed at the Norwich boys ... particularly Captain Slow, who's all Snettertoned out.

I'm sorry that some of us can't, no, don't want to attend this Snetterton event, but some of us have attended all the Lotus events held there recently, so yes, I for one have seen enough of Snetterton for the time being, as you put it 'Snettertoned out'. Also I had already stated earlier in the thread that I wouldn't be attending the Cambridge meeting, so I don't really see any difference to not attending Snetterton.

You can hardly complain that I'm not attending events, as well as all the Lotus related Snetterton events, you can add to this the Aldeburgh Hoon (both times), numerous EALC events as well as more up and coming events - Norwich Police Gala (EALC) and Lotus 60th I will be attending, so I think I for one have done a reasonable amount of representing AEG at meetings. :sofa:

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

I think nifty was making his post in a lighthearted way Owen.

Personally I wouldn't take my car on the track anyway as my tyres are getting low and I'm making them last as long as possible before I take a loan out to replace them! :)

Just got back of my hols, Tax is up this month, insurance due again and Lotus 60th all stop me from attending this meet. Sorry.

Nifty. Smilie you were looking for was this one :beer: . Have added it in so we all know you're joking ( :sofa: )

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Nifty

No probs, but it was tight getting to the Dog at Norton. One day I will be able to align my trips to suppliers (early finish) with one of these events.

Good luck with your events, hope the 103dB isnt growing

Regards

Ralph

Right due to lack of interest in the Snetterton event i think it is back to plan A - the meeting is to be held at the Ancient SHepherd as agreed.

Could i have a list of all interested parties please.

Simonf Food required.

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Guys,

I am going to do something never done before! I am calling off an AEG meeting! There has been very low interest in this meet, i reckon that lots of people are away on their hols at the moment, but the fact remains (and no offence guys) its a long way to go just to meet up with James and Ralph! (andy i can see any day!) Lets hope that the next meeting will have more interest!

Simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

The offer still stands, for those that wish, to pop along to Snetterton.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Simon. As our esteemed leader I also believe it a good idea if you try and contact those missing members who seem to have disappeared from the earth recently (Tobi etc).

Don't worry, this is just a minor hickup, what with the 60th Anniversary etc.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sorry I've not been very active with the meetings but I've been flat out with work. If it's still on tonight I'll be more than happy to come along.

Cheers,

Brendan

Edited by BC007

Nifty, should see you there.

Brendan, and any others who've not been very active, that's not an issue at all, it's an open invitation and nobody should feel pressured into attending. I've managed to get to all except one, the first cambridge one as I was in Birmingham, but we all have reasons to ateend some, either timing location or many other reasons.

Andy

I am indeed alive but have been traveling like mad since May - Number 5 and I are still here. I'll put a separate post in the BBQ section but we're having a shindig on the 20th of September to celebrate Calypso's first birthday (more of an excuse for the grownups to have a party) and you're all invited. (No cancelling this one - the pig's been ordered!)

Glad to hear you're OK, I assume the same is true of all of your family.

It would be great to attend the excuse for adults to enjoy themselves birthday celebration.

I hope some other AEGers can make it as well.

SimonF and I have just been to Snetterton to enjoy the pleasure of sitting in the passenger seat of Nifty's Seven. Allegedly, my weight caused it to under-steer quite a bit. HMMMM.

Nifty, great evening, thanks for taking us round, it's great fun, and a darn site safer than doing those speeds on public roads.

Andy

Great to see you're still ok Tobi was worried there for a while.

20th September seems good at present!