Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Calypso Red V8 in Austin, Tx - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Calypso Red V8 in Austin, Tx

Iconic Ride

Was so "stoked" to spy this gorgeous example of a V8 Esprit in a local driveway here in Austin. Esprits are really rare finds this far from Hethel---hardly EVER see them!

Was so excited that I went up to the front door to ask the owner about his car and compliment him on his good taste in vehicles, when I realized that I could simply open the door with my housekey. :devil:

Hey, it was the best I could come up with. You guys in the UK have it too easy! Drat. :o

Cheers!

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Bibs, that's a lot of lab rats---wonder how many of them squeak with a "drawl"? Howsomeever (a word that truly butchers the King's English), one of the Lone Star state's "bragging rights" is the claim that one cannot drive clear across the state in only one day's time (except, possibly, in an Esprit?). Meaning, that the "density factor" has to be considered. Without a map overlay, I can't be certain, but except for the obvious concentrations in the Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas/Ft Worth areas, there would seem to be only an exceedingly small number of Esprits in my neck of the woods (the good part being a near lock on "exclusivity"). Still, taken as a whole [state] it's comforting to see your "demographic", and I do appreciate your effort at alleviating my sense of "orphanization".

Rest assured, if I am ever so fortunate as to spy another Esprit in town (can't even go to the dealer anymore--it's folded its tent, and we are awaiting [according to Dave Simkin] the establishment of a replacement), you and the rest of the forum will know in record time.

Cheers!

John

p.s., no mice were harmed in the making of this post.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.