Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Help, I can't lock the doors!!! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Help, I can't lock the doors!!!

Guys, I need your expertise on this !!

When I lock the doors with the key (not deadlocking) the soleniods operate and lock both the doors. About 1/2 sec later they unlock themselves. :(

I have tried to lock them using the deadlocking (full 1/4 turn anticlockwise), but they still unlock themselves.

From inside, if I lock them they stay locked! :P

I don't really know where to start apart from disconnecting the alarm from the doors to see if that makes a difference. :P

While I am doing this, please give me some pointers.

Thanks

Glyn

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a problem with the push sensor thing that is making the alarm presume the door is still open? Check it's working ok, also if there is one in the boot, on the wall behind the engine bay on the right hand side, check that hasn't fallen off too and makes the alarm think it's still open?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I some times have the opposite problem, as in I unlock it and within 5 secs it locks itself, if I manage to get in before it locks, it just sets of alarm, most embarrassing when your in the middle of tesco,s carpark with everyone and his dog looking at you :P . It hasn,t done it for a while, seems to be a intermittent problem, still dont you just love their qirky little ways :P:(:(

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Guys, I need your expertise on this !!

When I lock the doors with the key (not deadlocking) the soleniods operate and lock both the doors.  About 1/2 sec later they unlock themselves.  :P

I have tried to lock them using the deadlocking (full 1/4 turn anticlockwise), but they still unlock themselves.

From inside, if I lock them they stay locked! :(

I don't really know where to start apart from disconnecting the alarm from the doors to see if that makes a difference.  :P

While  I am doing this, please give me some pointers.

Thanks

Glyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glyn,

Check to see if one of your door locks is binding. Mine does this occasionally and it's the passenger door lock which only moves about halfway to the lock position and then hangs up. The doors automatically unlock if one doesn't lock properly.

Cheers,

Jim

1995 S4s

Glyn,

It's your cables inside your door and the mechanism binding. Iam 99% certain it's this. Sometimes it can be sometimes that the rods are sticking or need adjusting. As soon as you take your door card off and see it locking and unlocking, you'll know exactly what I mean.

It happened on my S4s once and I had to adjust the rod slightly and gearse it where it passes through the nylon holders in the middle of your door.

It's not the alarm and yours doesn't operate from a fob does it?

Glyn,

It's your cables inside your door and the mechanism binding. Iam 99% certain it's this. Sometimes it can be sometimes that the rods are sticking or need adjusting. As soon as you take your door card off and see it locking and unlocking, you'll know exactly what I mean.

It happened on my S4s once and I had to adjust the rod slightly and gearse it where it passes through the nylon holders in the middle of your door.

It's not the alarm and yours doesn't operate from a fob does it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks so far guys

Luckily she is garaged so I've not to sleep in her....

Off to check the door pin sensors and then get the door card off from the passenger side.....

Dave - the alarm is not OEM, but it does operate the locks from the keyfob, thats why I was going to isolate the alarm.

I'll be back....

Glyn

ps took her for the MOT today.... had to go to 6 different testing stations until I found one that had

1 a gentle gradient up to the main door

2 brake testers that weren't too deep

3 ramps that were level enough

4 ramp jacks that were low enough

but yipeeeeee, sailed through (well advise for headlight assys - but already knew about that - Les at CARS is sorting me out, and a little play in the N/S/R wheel bearing.

:P:(:(:P:P

Thanks so far guys

Luckily she is garaged so I've not to sleep in her....

Off to check the door pin sensors and then get the door card off from the passenger side.....

Dave - the alarm is not OEM, but it does operate the locks from the keyfob, thats why I was going to isolate the alarm.

I'll be back....

Glyn

ps took her for the MOT today.... had to go to 6 different testing stations until I found one that had

1  a gentle gradient up to the main door

2  brake testers that weren't too deep

3  ramps that were level enough

4  ramp jacks that were low enough

but yipeeeeee, sailed through (well advise for headlight assys - but already knew about that - Les at CARS is sorting me out, and a little play in the N/S/R wheel bearing.

:P  :(  :(  :P  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i had this problem on my gt3 and found out it was the metal runners as dave says. found this out after fitting a new motor!! dam it. it was the 2 black clips that hold the rods in place. you will see them. they were slightly twisted on mine and causing it to bind a little

dave

i had this problem on my gt3 and found out it was the metal runners as dave says. found this out after fitting a new motor!! dam it. it was the 2 black clips that hold the rods in place. you will see them. they were slightly twisted on mine and causing it to bind a little

dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Top marks to Dave, Jim and Dave.

The connecting rod between the lock and the handle was too tight / binding inside the door.

Fixed in 10 minutes - Excellent result

Thanks Guys <_<

Glyn