Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Calling all Scottish Esprit owners - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Calling all Scottish Esprit owners

Firstly Thanks to Bibs for setting up this Regional group for Scottish Esprit owners.

Anyone out there interested in meeting up for a chinwag and/or a bit of roamin' in the gloamin' with or without a lassie by yer side in your Esprit

Suggestions welcome for a first meeting.

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Gents...count me in as far as LEF Scotland goes..... :P

If i can get a few cars together and your interested in doing a day up in Aberdeen, the local Transport Museum is always looking for help in the form of "Ride On days" where you take kids out for a spin round the track or just displays.

Probably a bit late for this year but do you fancy an LEF day up here next spring?

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...ic=16816&hl

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6768.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

Im sure if we could gather 10 or more cars we could put on a great afternoon.

Its usualy done just for funds for the museum but the Museum cover you for

Gordon,

Sounds like a great day and I would be up for that.

The GT3 looks stunning. I see that you are staying at Dunston Hall for the 60th birthday bash, are you bringing the S1, GT3 or both?

Hi Brian

Lotus STILL have the S1 for the suspension upgrade work so it will be at Hethel already and it will be on display.

There will be 4 of us this time so we are flying down

We will be there on the Friday so i will catch up with you then.

Cheers

Gordon

Hello Scott and Chris

Scott, used to holiday at Hazelhead Caravan Park in the 70's, not been in Aberdeen since. With you and Gordon from that area it would make sense to have a meet up there at some point. What's up with your engine?

Chris, not in Club Lotus, met a long haired dude in South Queensferry about 18 months ago with a stunning red V8, 14K on the clock and OZ Futura alloys, have you met him at Bo'ness?

Nigel

Edited by Nigel

I was waiting until the car was working again as I have recently done alot of work to her before I ventured down there. I went to a club lotus meet when I lived in norwich but to be honest it was full of old guys harping on about the mick miller elan way which has made me a bit reticent about going to this one. The car is due out of the paint bay next week so I might get around to going but although I like most lotus' I'm only really bothered about the esprit. Cheers chris

Hi Nigel

Engine is out for a bit of a rebuild, as it was letting in some nice oily stuff to the coolant. Have the top end in bits at the moment, but will also be giving the bottom end a good look too. Also had to do some work with the manifold, so all things considered I decided to pull it out! Going to be fitting a 4-2-1 ss manifold care of mike at lotusbits, with a view to getting some more work done to the head etc in the future when the cashflow allows...

I think there might have almost been a ne-scotland meet last friday, as I am sure it was Gordon's GT3 that came up behind me at the Kingswells roundabout (I posted a topic in 'spotted') - if only I had been in the Lotus!

Scott

• 1 month later...

Hello lads I live in Falkirk and have recently just bought a 1986 Esprit G Turbo. I went to the monthly meeting at Bo'ness a couple of weeks and met some decent guys there.

Hope to meet up with you all at some point!!

Edited by stephenwhyte

Gosh, I'm slow on the uptake! I've only just spotted that we have LEW Scotland on here...

Hello, I'm Keith from up in Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire. Being a glutton for punishment I have a couple of Loti, a 92 SE Hi-wing and an '87 Excel.

I too hope we get a chance to have a get-together sometime.

Cheers,

Keith

Calypso red '92 Esprit SE Hi-wing

Calypso red '87 Excel SE

Blue '07 BMW X3 2.0TD SE

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum and after introducing myself a chap called Andy sent me a link to this thread. I've owned my red 02 V8SE here in Glasgow for a couple of years now and have used this site since then. I've no idea why it taken me so long to join the chat but would love to take part in any meets you guys may have planned?

Cheers,

Euan

post-5426-1234134052_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys the better weather is just around the corner and I did see a bit of blue sky yesterday.

Anyone had any thoughts about our first get together? We now have 13 guys on LEF Scotland in the following areas:

Fifeshire 5

Aberdeenshire 3

Edinburghshire 2

Glasgowshire 2

Falkirkshire 1

I thought a drive around Perthshire would be reasonably central for everyone and we could either all meet up in Perth or if you choose to you could pick up the pack at any point closest to you.

Suggested Route 1

Perth, New Scone, Glamis, Kirriemuir, Blairgowrie, Amulree (Sma' Glen) Gilmerton, Perth. The circuit totals 91.2 miles and 2hrs 30 mins. according to MapPoint.

A slightly longer route so that the loop goes further West could be

Perth, New Scone, Glamis, Kirriemuir, Blairgowrie, Aberfeldy, Killin, Lochearnhead, Crieff, Perth. Circuit 139 miles and 3hrs 39 mins.

What about dates? Weekends are probably best for everyone and we would need some lead in time to finalise the route, stopping of points and/or a place to eat.

My suggestion would be 28th or 29th March?

It would be great to get as many cars as possible and if you know of any other Esprit owners not on the forum let them know.

In order to keep LEF Scotland we need to have a meeting at least every 3 months but given the weather up here at times I think if we have 4 meets per year and miss out meeting in the winter that would tick the box.

What do you think?

Events have to be posted in the Events Calender so that if any other LEF members are in the area they are welcome to tag along.

Gordon, how do we go about organising the "ride on day" at the Aberdeen Transport Museum? Are there specific dates and if so are there any coming up?

So to summarize, my suggestion for our first get together is:

Sunday 29th March

Route: Perth, New Scone, Glamis, Kirriemuir, Blairgowrie, Amulree (Sma' Glen) Gilmerton Perth.

Any other thoughts suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Brian

That sounds great and I will be there in a shot if my car is back together - though unfortunatly that is highly unlikely... It gives me something to aim for though, and I will certainly be at the first meet I possibly can! That looks like a great route too, most of which I have never been along.

Can I suggest, for a future meet, one of my fav routes, which has a bit of an overlap... You could start anywhere on it, but for now - starting in Aboyne; B976 to Ballater; join A93 to Braemar then via glenshee to Blairgowrie; A926 to Kirriemuire; Join A90 and head north, coming of to head for Fettercairn; join B974 and head over the cairn o'mount; join back to B976 to aboyne. 123Miles/3h/loads of hills! This route could easily be extended down to dundee/perth.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some of you fellow lotus nuts...

Scott

Scott,

That looks a great route as well.

The only section of that circuit I havn't driven is the from the A90 to Aboyne.

We really are spoilt up here for great roads and picturesque scenerey. Hope you get your car together soon.

Regards,

Brian

I would be up for that (I'm assuming I am the one from Falkirkshire???? never heard it called that before) Brian I think we met briefly at the Boness monthly Club Lotus meet -you're car sounded awesome. I will let you know nearer the time whether I can make that first date of the year. My car is going in for some work around then so it might not be ready but I will let you know in the next couple of weeks. Cheers Stephen

Edited by stephenwhyte

• 2 weeks later...
My car won't be back on the road till the second week in april as I am doing some work on it. Would like to meet up next time.

Mike Tracey

Mike,

Thanks for letting us know.

Brian