Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Exhaust Silencer, de cat pipe and lambda sensor - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Exhaust Silencer, de cat pipe and lambda sensor

Just fitted a new silencer and decat pipe (supplied by S&J Sports Cars, Crediton) and a new Lambda Sensor 4 Wire Universal type from e bay.

The silencer took some messing about to make it fit properly, i had to make spacers up for the mountings so the silencer would clear the rear of the gearbox and car now sounds great. Thought i'd try one of these universal lambda sensors as i was unable to get the old sensor out, so well see how well the the sensor lasts, looks good quality and only

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your budget will allow, spend some cash on the proper lambda as the Esprit is one of those cars that isn't happy with an aftermarket sensor.

Don't be surprised if your universal sensors starts giving you grief soon, no biggie - but be prepared to swap over to the correct one at some point.

Good effort on fitting a rorty exhaust though. :)

If your budget will allow, spend some cash on the proper lambda as the Esprit is one of those cars that isn't happy with an aftermarket sensor.

Don't be surprised if your universal sensors starts giving you grief soon, no biggie - but be prepared to swap over to the correct one at some point.

Good effort on fitting a rorty exhaust though. :)

After-market lambdas: steer clear. I tried three all of which went down within weeks. Stick to the approved Delphi one. Seemingly expensive but worth it in the long run.

Did you buy your lambda from tpg ? if so you will probably find your car will start to run rich within a short while.

As stated the Esprit is fussy about lambdas,belive me I've had loads of trouble with them on my car.

In the end I found my car ran better and smoother with the new type planar lambda, the fuel/air ratio is much more accurate ,closed loop is achived after only 10 sec.

With this component you really do only get what you pay for.

cheers dave

Dave Hopwood