Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front lip design - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Front lip design

Jonathan

Cheers mark - it's not that good in the flesh, esp since the **** nextdoor decided to light a bonfire the othe day and ash fell all over it, people....honestly....

Bibs - Really ?

More than a grand ? I thought it was a bolt on job ?

Does look nice though - where is Nick btw ?

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey jonathan, when you get the v8 type, can you take some accurate detailed dimensions for me? it seems like the v8 style might be the exact same as used on the upper part of the x180r race variant splitter:

look at the green part on this car:

DSCI0016.JPG

thats a solid fiberglass piece and if they are the same dimensions as the v8, i would like to attempt putting one on my SE...

Two friends here in CO have X180-R's with that lip. They've broken that off at least 3x each! it's just too low.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

well theres 2 parts to that x180r one... the fiberglass piece, seen in green there and then the lower black rubber piece which is harder to see in that pic... on dave c's car i examined it really closely and it seems as if the black rubber piece isnt just your average black rubber that would give a little if going up and incline and scraping... it seems to have a fiberglass backing to it to make it harder so that it wont flex with high wind pressure on it on the track... the black rubber piece actually goes up to the bottom edge of the bumper like the sport 300 and the green fiberglass piece wraps around the front of it... i think if you were just to take the fiberglass piece like the smooth one from the 2002 model cars, and not have the black rubber part, it would probably equal teh standard dimensions of the normal lips that people are putting on...

x180r closeups:

dave10qt4.th.jpg

dave13hn6.th.jpg

shade

Edited by shadeone

• 2 weeks later...

The 02 front lip is on my to do list as the existing one is a bit tatty now.

Seeing Jonathans car is also making me concerned about new springs and dampers, I wouldn't personally want my car sitting that high, I feel the car should sit lower than a Badger's badger.

Has anyone fitted the fully adjustable set up from PUK? After doing the bushes earlier in the year my dampers and springs need replacing, as you can see from the attached pic my car does sit low, but it is on original wheels. By the way the cars in the background are from the same planet :innocent:

Edited by gasmangt3

Prob is some time was, some time ago :P

(July 2007 to be exact)

Incidently I took the car in today and done a ride height check on it with ~ 5/8 tank of fuel on a perfectly flat surface.

(Front and rear measurements are taken from different chassis parts so they are not related)

Without passengers it was Front = 203mm and Rear = 191mm

With 2 of us in the car (both ~ 12 stone) Front = 191mm (12mm lower) and the Rear = 187mm (4mm lower)

The standad ride height should be Front = 180mm (11mm difference) and the Rear = 174mm (13mm difference)

With the front lowered it should really be 10mm lower than that ! So it is in effect riding exceptionally high at the front :wub:

I had the car looked at last week and I did ask them to drop the back but they wouldn't do it because of the balance of the car, now I understand why !

Gonna try and get to the end of this, I still think the springs are not being worked enough to settle but we'll see - car still feels great though :)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I agree in that the Sport 350 and the 2002 front lip is the best looking splitter for the Esprit.

Where can these be sourced for fitment to a pre 2002 V8 car?

How much are they (please don't tell me that they are only available at a silly price e.g.

Edited by SimonN

• 1 month later...

2898772702_b72c91814a_o.jpg

Does anybody know the Lotus part number for this type of splitter? I'd hate to order the wrong one by accident. (Nice to be a member here by the way. Lots of useful information here! :w00t: )

Edited by Galsia

2898772702_b72c91814a_o.jpg

Does anybody know the Lotus part number for this type of splitter? I'd hate to order the wrong one by accident. (Nice to be a member here by the way. Lots of useful information here! :) )

Welcome fellow GT3 owner, what reason do you need a new splitter for, is it broken? If it's just scuffed take it off sand it down and spray it, I recently did mine, in Hammerite smooth black, and it looks almost new again. By the way have you added you car to the registry yet?

Welcome fellow GT3 owner, what reason do you need a new splitter for, is it broken? If it's just scuffed take it off sand it down and spray it, I recently did mine, in Hammerite smooth black, and it looks almost new again. By the way have you added you car to the registry yet?

I don't have a GT3, I just copied a picture from the last page. :) I was looking to fit one onto my M100. Thanks for the replies guys.