Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Quaife 6 speed Sequential Transaxles - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Quaife 6 speed Sequential Transaxles

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard they are all dog cut gears and make a tremendous amount of noise, but if i am wrong i would love to find out .

Kinda off topic.... The UN1 upgrade kit found on LEW, what is the total price, im confused on the price breakdown, is it $2500 plus $2700 or just the $2700 total for the kit, im confused.

well are you going to elaborate for us mere mortals or are you going to keep us in suspence...?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This has been posted about 6 different times on a few different forums within the last day, and for some reason, he won't elaborate.

Anyway, for the thread starter, here is a clip of a sequential/dog gear box in an Esprit....

http://espritfactfile.com/videos/racing/GT1Fire.ASF

Craig

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

i heard they are all dog cut gears and make a tremendous amount of noise, but if i am wrong i would love to find out .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's available with either straight cut or helical gears, depending on how much noise you want to make.

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

Is there anyone out there who has any experience with Quaife's HD 6 speed sequential transaxle?

I have one in my Esprit and am interested in contacting others who have them to compare notes on their operation and gearchange characteristics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone,

I will elaborate, but I'm still sorting details and would like to compare my experience with that of others before broadcasting to the world.

There are at least two other conversions out there that I'm aware of. A red V8 fitted in Seattle a few years ago and Quaife's ex-demo car. As Quaife is biased and rather closed lip about their installation I'm trying to locate other imparcial owners. I want to compare noise, gearchange characteristics, etc, with others who have actually run the box so that I can either sort out or conform myself to the behavior of mine and publish a balanced assessment. I've also head certain rumors that I have not experienced and would like to verify.

Please give me a little time to see If I can locate any of these other cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...

I have 2004 final edition and its running a six speed Quaife. I use the car and love this transmission, It is not noisy. Of course its not a H pattern so it take a time to adjust driving in the city.  The ratios are perfect for the engines power band. any questions? 

The transmission came with its own driveshafts and shifter. It uses all regular lotus ap clutch parts. 

Donziracer@gmail.com

Seattle WA 

USA.

• Gold FFM

No I don’t think so - but I believe a company called tornado do

https://www.tornadosportscars.com/GT40/partslist.html

im pretty certain they make the gearsets  narrower to fit inside the case. Which I think you may agree does have its problems.

Only here once