Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Custom alloy wheels? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Custom alloy wheels?

I was talking to member....jfitz981 who has the white esprit with the 20" alloys on the rear and 19'' on the front..He gave me the website where he got them from. As he is from america i was wondering does anybody know where i can get the same sort of wheels in the uk...Looking for something deep dish. thanks

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rearwheelaction, check post 15 in this thread cus im too lazy to type it all out again... also check my other long post there...:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=19938

there are lots of forged wheel companies that have locations not just in america.... iforged (one of my favorites) has a uk site: http://iforged.com/uk/main.php this dish on their wheels will be pretty much the same as Jfitzs car as they used the stock offsets for his i believe.... iforged has a line called their "precision series" in which all wheels in the line that have a 19 inch diameter or higher feature 1 additional inch of lip on them being that there is room for the spokrs to curve inwards towards the car if you get what i mean...

let me know if you need any more info!

shade

Edited by shadeone

Gareth,

I have the Volk 5x114 wheels on the v8,

the previous owner machined the front hubs to take both the bolt patterns,

the rears have a custom spacer that converts the bolt patern,

I have the drawing for the front bolt patern and extra set of spacers that I can loan u

to copy tham @ local machine shop

Also,

19fr,

20rr,

I think they will be little to heavy and very rough drive,

I have the same setup on the maranelo and I think I

will down grade an inch, they r over kill, plus the car is much

bigger and wheels get more attantion,

the volks on the v8 r around 16pounds each 18s it realy makes

difference in acceleration and braking response

just my opinion

Hey Tony,

Thanks!

I am using 225/30/19 in front and 285/35/20 in the rear. My suspension is adjustable so the ride is no different from the V8 futuras I had on there before. I went with tire sizes that would give some sidewall...I could have gone much thinner but that is really when you loose any ride comfort...I've had the wheels/tires now for a couple of years and no issues to date.

Jason

• 1 month later...
I think you meant to say S4 and later are 58mm front, 60mm rear, while SE are 60mm front and rear. S4 and later front rims need opening up by 2mm to fit SE front hubs.

Russell

I'm looking at wheels at the moment - are you saying that wheels from the S4 onwards wont fit a Stephens (mines a 1990) without being machined ?

Regards

Colin

I almost forgot about the current currency exchange ....you could probably get a better deal at the moment since the US dollar is not that strong. Might be a good opportunity to buy from the US...

LOL.... Compared to which currency, Jason? The only one I can think of is the Japanese yen. The UK pound has dropped from U$2.00 to U$1.50. The Euro dropped from U$1.60 (six months ago) to U$1.25 last month. The Australian dollar dropped almost 40% in two or three months, compared to the U$! (Looks like I won't be going to Hawaii for my vacation this year)

If anything, you should be buying spares from the UK as fast as you can :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ian.

I wrote that back in October...

Oops.. sorry about that. Also noting that your dollar dropped 4 or 5 cents today (compared to the Australian dollar). Maybe that Hawaiian holiday isn't out of the realms of possibility :P

Cheers.

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Don't know what your budget is, but how about a set of magnesium centred carbon fibre outer rims? They look great and they make them in the UK.

There called DYMAG and based down the road from me in Chippenham Wiltshire, they mke wheels for any car mostly Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo's, there number is 01249 655481 and there website is www.dymag.com and also google them on google images.

They look even better in the flesh I have had a few sets at our place.

Regards

Scott