Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[WANTED] Electric Aerial for S3 - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[WANTED] Electric Aerial for S3

Bazza 907

I'm after an electric aerial for my 1986 S3.

A chrome one. Really want one that fully retracts and doesn't stick up a bit when it's meant to be down.

On mine the electric motor works but the aerial doesn't go up and down anymore !

Any help apprecaited

Bazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humm... I need one that works too :welcome: .

I talked with my local dealer about this once and they couldn`t get them.. i didnt look further. :evil:

but have you tried Paul Matty Sports cars, Lotusbits.com.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

About 12 years ago I fixed the one on my Stag after taking it off & taking it to pieces I remember it being a very simple job. Unfortunately I can't remember what that was ! <_<

The hardest bit was certainly removing & re-installing - even worse on the Esprit.

Incidentally mine does the same - motor whirrs away, nothing happening. Its such a beast to remove & listening to the radio does not go hand in hand with Esprit driving so it will stay as it is ...

• 2 weeks later...

Barry

You can fit an aftermarket aerial if you get the correct dimensions. Have you seen this thread

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=13925

and especially the LEW links at post 4?

Edit - Just noticed you posted in that thread! Apologies if this is no good!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Mat

Thanks. My problem is getting hold of a genuine one so maybe that thread may help - JAE?

On the previous thread where I posted my problem was getting one for the Essex but as I said I did get one sent from Hong Kong which fitted and works well.

Congratulations on the sale of your car and as has been said elsewhere it's great that Lawrence is joining the 'club'

Best wishes

Barrie

• 4 months later...
Thanks to ebay and parting with

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Barrie,

I was watching the aerial on Ebay and wondered who would pay that.

I don't think your name is on the list for the Ace tonight, are you coming?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Trevor

Thought long and hard about coming but ahead of the Castle Coombe weekend I thought it better to show my face at home.

Oddly enough I park about a 1/4 mile away from the Ace cafe and will be up there at about 6pm tonight but I guess that's too early for a quick hello?

Bazza,

I think there are a few turning up about then so may be worth showing your face and hang on a little while longer and the rest of us will be pleased to see you.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Barrie I was watching that aerial on eBay as well, did not bid though. The aerial on my S3 is stuck in the extended position and I'm guessing the motor may have died, I can hear the solenoid click when the radio is turned on but nothing from the motor. If you are interested, once you've replaced the aerial I'd be happy to buy the old one from you and see if I could use it as a donor to fix my one.

Edited by Choppa

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Colin

Not planning to change it until Feb/March when the car's next serviced but I might well be up for that. PM me with your details if you don't mind waiting til next year.

Barrie