Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Twin Exit exhaust for GT3... - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Twin Exit exhaust for GT3...

Any suggestions or recomendations ? I want one in stainless that looks like the V8 either side of the rear aerofoil instead of the single exit - going to fit a de-cat pipe as well.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veryt happy with my stebro exhaust.. not cheap and takes some work to install but a very well built piece.

Any suggestions or recomendations ?  I want one in stainless that looks like the V8 either side of the rear aerofoil instead of the single exit - going to fit a de-cat pipe as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly, isn't it a bit corney? I mean, it's only going to hamper performance vs. a single exit.

Don't get me wrong, I often vote for form over function but this is one I have a hard time with.

Lucas.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

I Can't see how a twin exit is going to hamper performance over a sinlge, in my train of thought the less back pressure caused by the system the easier it is to shift the gasses on and out the back - simple physics. I know the turbo restricts it a lot but after that back pressure is still a factor.

Besides I don't really want it for power increases, I want it to look /sound good and replace the rusted to hell one on my car at the moment.

Can't see how a V8 style system is corny either....

I Can't see how a twin exit is going to hamper performance over a sinlge, in my train of thought the less back pressure caused by the system the easier it is to shift the gasses on and out the back - simple physics.  I know the turbo restricts it a lot but after that back pressure is still a factor.

Besides I don't really want it for power increases, I want it to look /sound good and replace the rusted to hell one on my car at the moment. 

Can't see how a V8 style system is corny either....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on how the pipes are routed to get gasses out the second exit, but the power losses will only be a few HP if any and as far as I'm concered well worth it as I like the twin exit systems as well, especially the 2002 style centre exit which makes the back end of the car look even wider. :blink:

Maybe I'll have a word with the guys that did Dermots exhaust, they're not far from where I live, so if I find out a cost I'll let you know Jon

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Was that the bloke who done your exhaust ?

Wondering if there is a standard twin model or if I have it custom made.

He did the twin exit on my black Esprit and I got BN the one on FGRC made by Mick as a surprise for christmas last year :blink: He's very good!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

OK cool - like the Stebro one, exactly what 'm after. Notice they've re-done the muffler to mounting bracket as well. Just had the time of my life getting them off my piece of rust - had to cut the bolts off, totally fused.

I know the one on Bibs's car sounds very nice, the FGRC is also something to take note of ---- fancy buying me one this x-mas bibs ? LOL only if I lend you a few hundred quid 1st yeah ?

How much roughly did it set you back btw if you don't mind me asking ?

Jezza if you could lemme know what you find out I'd also be interested in knowing - thanks. Not to fussed about the horse power in the slightest tbh...I can see how way to little back pressure might casue probs as well but thats why you get one made propperly, if a jobs worth doing.....blah..

Really pushing the budget on this car - so much work done on it, hope its worth it :blink:

Are the cheaper ones not properly done and more for show?

I've noticed a lot of them get sooty around only one of the pipes,

will a proper bespoke system have equal length 'banks' to make it

work, if not then i assume the whole shebang must be a heavier add

on for looks?

Blue flame quoted me circa

pretty is the way forward,,,,you want extra performance then rip out the seats LMAO LMAO

mines from blueflame and all the tails get sooty equally, and boxes in zorsts are just for poofs BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

a cat makes a difference, but the zorst itself really doesnt make alot of diference really, well that you can notice. i know what a 20bhp increase of nos is like and you dont even know its there, so much so i thought it wasnt working,,,,,so pretty is best as you want "the look"

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Any suggestions or recomendations ?  I want one in stainless that looks like the V8 either side of the rear aerofoil instead of the single exit - going to fit a de-cat pipe as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jon

One word........ Larini

ill email u some pics and try and do a sound clip if i can

dave

Jon

One word........ Larini

ill email u some pics and try and do a sound clip if i can

dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One word Larini

Three syllables EX - PEN - SIVE

They wanted nearly

Jez

Mean Green S4s

btw this is the underneath of mine

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

hehe you have barnicles too <_<

(growing on the chassis)

Looks good - gave Larini a call today -coming back with a price but their system looks nice, if the price is good it's the quick fix I'm after really.

btw this is the underneath of mine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy crap that is the most convoluted routing of pipes I've seen! Does exhaust gas periodically have to pull over and ask for directions? <_<

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

basically comes from the cat into a kind of second manifold then branches into four seperate lengths, no boxes and not just a twin pipe attachement on the end,,,,,it 4 x 4" tails. think there 4" cant remember without measuring. and its LOUD really LOUD, and still catted

hehe you have barnicles too  :D

(growing on the chassis)

Looks good - gave Larini a call today -coming back with a price but their system looks nice, if the price is good it's the quick fix I'm after really.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jon

Let me know how you get on, maybe they'll do a deal for two <_<

Jez

Mean Green S4s

3rd time of typing this becuase the POS computer at work repeatedly crashes just before I press reply....

OK cut it short - spoke to dave @ Larini - twin exit =

3rd time of typing this becuase the POS computer at work repeatedly crashes just before I press reply....

OK cut it short - spoke to dave @ Larini - twin exit =

Jez

Mean Green S4s