Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Factory fitted swimming pool? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Factory fitted swimming pool?

Took the spare wheel out to discover a good few inches of water sloshing around.

Tried to see if there were drain holes but couldn't find any.

Should there be some?

If not - what can I do to stop the water getting in in the first place?

(or is it Colin Chapmans clever design - when its raining add some weight over the front wheels to help with the grip)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been sat immobile on the drive, exposed to the elements for 9 months whilst the engine has been done (btw I got it in and it's running - woohoo!) so the rain has found a way in?

I will have a closer look at the 'seals' and perhaps post up some pictures at the weekend.

On S1/S2, the holes are tiny -- like the size of any of the screws fastening parts to the body -- and they clog with dirt easily. Even when they are clean, water flows out . . . v e r y . . . . s l o w l y . . . until the tiniest piece of debris blocks it again!

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Same here. Water is coming in somehow - I could not detect any drain holes either...

Just have a lookie now and then - deleting the spare wheel will help to spot any puddles

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Simple answer..drill some holes!! Carefully, obviously,and in a suitable place.A bit of cunningly bent wire will stop them blocking...no namby 2mm holes, though. If you look at the back of the beast where the drains come from the engine cover..I believe that the original design called for 1/4" rubber tubes to drain, as that would flow more than enough water...until ACBC saw it and mentioned something about leaves and suchlike..which is why they are those giant 1" diameter fittings and pipework!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein