Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boost Guage - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boost Guage

Good day everyone, I just finished replacing all my Vacuum lines elbows with silicone tube for better seal... One of the reasons for doing this is I had no heat coming from my heater and Mark T-C suggested to check my vacuum lines... I found that this was not my problem, but a clogged heater matrix, because after back flushing the system. I now have heat!... My problem now is when I start the car, my Boost needle goes all the way to the right and stays there.... Did I do something while fixing my vacuum lines? Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this happen on my coolant guage.

The coolant guage 'live' was shorting to the metal 'earthed' mounting frame around it.

Seems the guage/sender works by resistance to earth, dead short sends it all the way

across. I'm assuming other guages are the same.

Check the live behind the guage is not touching the mounting frame. Also perhaps

consider this live could be trapped in metalwork near where you were working.

Blimey, thats two tech thread answers from me in one day, what the hell am i doing

straying from the chat forums? If your cars all go on to blow up it's not my fault!!!

:shock:

Thanks Paul, I took my Binnacle off today, because I wanted repair the wood finish... I had a good look around the connecters and everything seems to look really good. It was very clean under there... So, I'm thinking that it as something to do with my Boost gauage transducer??? Thant was the only other thing that I was playing around with and maybe it has nothing to do with what I was doing... Who knows...

I just finished putting my binnacle back on and I checked all the gauges and everything look great under there... So my next step is to find the Boost Gauge Sender. Anyone know where I might find this sender on my 92 SE? Is it the same as my Boost Gauge transducer? Thanks

Yes, same thing. Check the wiring there. You may have pulled or pinched a wire. And also check the plumbing to the transducer. There should be a pressure line that runs from a take-off at the rear of the plenum to the transducer. You may have plugged the wrong line into it.

Edited by lotus4s

1995 S4s

Will it looks like my Boost gauge transducer is toast... I was planning on replacing my Gauge with a mechanical one anyway... My question now is; do I need the Boost transducer when I'm running a Mechanical Gauge?