Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
digital speedo - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

digital speedo

lucio1234

hi, want to replace my speedo (analog) to digital and read that there is a wire in the binnacle that i can use as a pulse for the unit, is there anyone who can confirm this or do i need a converter and which one thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. I've done it.

Although your car is a 1990, so it won't have a digital pulse wire on your car.

You need to look for a company called 'brantz' who do pulse generators. I got a univeral cable drive one and modified it to fit my gearbox by cutting the orignal cable right back to about 2 inches long, and fitting the pulse generator on the end. It's then just a case or working out the correct amount of pulses, and putting that into your digital speedo.

this is the link to Brantz website for the speed sensors.

http://www.brantz.co.uk/html/english/index.html

Edited by Glyn Harper

i have a hall sensor that was off a gm product and modified it to fit onto the cable but the needle fluctuates too much and isn,t accurate. I want to purchase a digital readout speedo and use a proper sensor for it, has anyone done that thanks so far for the info

Large connector in the binnacle from the ECM - Pin 14. Orange and brown wire.

Which goes to pin 8 of the digital speedo.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Okay that one goes to pin 19. you need to go another 5 pins to the left to find pin 14 which will be the orange and brown pin 14.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017