Isn't it nice ...

scoule

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i get the "nice car mate", "thats phat", "how fast is it", "wow nos, make it flame" (so dim) "can i take a pic", list goes on LOL

then the older blokes "must have cost loads, your loaded", "is that a new limited edition version", "can my kid have a pic in it PLEASE", "bet it drinks petrol mate"

they list goes on, but the best is "thats a lambo", or the funniest i have had "ahhh its a calibra with a kit on aint it" LMAO LMAO LMAO

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

LOL !

Had it happen a few times.

Funniest moments were actually on seperate occasions at Goodwood this year. At the festival of speed I pulled up next to a Policeman on foot and asked directions, he pointed me down a long road going around the grounds to the parking area...I thought he was going to twig on the lack of front number plate instead...

"Make sure you give it a lot of wheel spin and ummm don't drive too fast 'wink' "

Think I got some loose gravel on his shoes and about 70mph before I had to slow down <_<

At the revival we were pulling out of the car park onto the road and I was giving way to pedestrians - one chap stopped and put his hand up to his ear as if to say "noise ?!?" so I revved it, then he did the signal to go thing like US carrier crew do (hard to describe), there were loads of people stopped by the road so it was rude to refuse (pitty the engine note wasn't what he expected lol).

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

well yeah bibs there is that too,,,,but thats just a common question lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

In general I enjoy peoples comments, but there is one very common question that annoys me: 'So, what brand of engine did they fit in that, then?'

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

In general I enjoy peoples comments, but there is one very common question that annoys me: 'So, what brand of engine did they fit in that, then?'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be fun to play dim, open the tailgate and say "I dunno, you tell me!" ... err, but be careful not to trip the inertia switch when putting the cover back on though, embarassing when it doesn't start!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get alot of those to in the states. The one thing that really annoys me is people say that my V8 looks like a DeLorean. Especially since my car is that color grey.

actwon

------

'14 Nike Shox

'12 Range Rover Sport

'01 Esprit V8

'95 Ducati 916

Although mine is currently off road even in the short time I have had it I have eperienced comments and actions comments usually consist of bugger me thats quick comming from the average jo on the A17 between boston and sleaford as I move through the gears and engage the warp coil (two turbos). and as far as actions go the best one was the little boy who kissed the front emblem outside the local chip shop and put a wet nose mark over the drivers door window glass but I didn't care who could. at the end of the day dreams are made of Esprits.

regards rob <_<

took the Esprit on its first long distance trip in a while... there and back to phoenix yesterday, 700 miles total, to visit a ladyfriend...

The car performed flawlessly actually, I was surprised nothing blew up. Smooth as butter. Averaged 75mph and 25mpg amazingly. Managed to hit uhh... 110 kilometers per hour at a few points, but tried to keep it at around 90 (kph of course <_<)

no one ever comments on my car. I guess black just blends in too well sometimes. got a few though this time. Comments recieved on the trip:

from redneck dude in a Dodge Ram with his chubby son next to him: "What's the horsepower? Curb weight?" (He at least acted impressed at the answers)

from mexican guy in a 95 Mustang GT, stopped at a gas station after attempting to play tag with me on I10: "What is it? is it a lamborghini? Oh... it looks like a lamborghini!"

And finally, the most important, the female perspective: "It looks pointy".

Though I think she may have been talking about something else :D

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Took my 13 yr old daughter to school in the Esprit when the bus failed to turn up. :P

The kids went NUTS when they saw it ! :D

Awesome car Leighs dad they shouted <_<

Apparently much to her dismay the Esprit is all they want to talk about to her now. :D:P

SUNP0003-1.jpg

took the Esprit on its first long distance trip in a while... there and back to phoenix yesterday, 700 miles total, to visit a ladyfriend...

Highway 10? Not very twisty... but good for cruising.

no one ever comments on my car. I guess black just blends in too well sometimes. got a few though this time.

Mine's red; I never get comments either. But once at a gas station a Camero [sic] owner asked "how many cylinders does it have?". So ... everyone, from now on let's remember that a Giugiaro Esprit has a transverse V-12, okay?

And finally, the most important, the female perspective: "It looks pointy".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That alone is worth the entire trip.

-Dave

p.s. I really like your avatar

All Cows Eat Grass

Hehe... maybe I should try my luck at the local middle school then... That's closer than Arizona :P (though I do tend to attract more little boys than girls with it... and I'm not into little boys. What do you think I am, some kind of sicko? :D)

I really hope I don't have to paint my car white to get the desired effect :P I did up the pedo appeal of my car upon the insistance of my ladyfriend that I needed a mascot:

DSCN0696.jpg

thanks for the avatar comment :D The pic is small enough you can't see the minute scratches <_<

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

My best moment went like this:

BOYRACER IN CHAVMOBILE: Nice Ferrari mate, what sort is it?

ME: It's actually an Esprit Turbo SE

BOYRACER IN CHAVMOBILE: Haven't heard of that one, is it sort like a Maranello then?

ME: err...... yeah. (walks off into sunset, too complicated to exlain claerly...)

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Guest devacom

Just before pulling away at lights in Chester a few years ago, a bloke crossing the road blurted out in a thick scouse accent, "Eh mate, does it turn into a submarine?"

post-109-1132162467.jpg

I just wished I'd had the rocket-launcher option fitted.

Guest esprit geoff

When I took the Esprit for the MOT last week, they all drooled over it, a trainee took some pics to show his dad etc. It did give me alot of pleasure and made me think, goodness I'm selling this!!!

Geoff.

I get the DeLorean thing constantly from people under about 22!

A guy in a club, I had never met in my life about 4 months after I last took my car there said "I'm in awe of your car!"

The best reaction I've ever had have been the squeaks of delight from various girls I have taken out in it! I recall Monica's comment was "I feel horny now!"

Then there was Gems, the gravitationally defiant, busty, 19 year old blonde who said nothing... she just climbed onto one corner and started humping it!!!! :):huh:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

You need to stay away from those youngsters <><y, they'll ruin the paint...

I was chatting to a bike chap who is an instructor at my local Air Cadet Squadron as he was trying to convince some Air Cadets that his bike was the superior machine next to the Esprit. One of the cadets turned to him and said 'Your bikes cool sir, but that car's a work of art!", bless!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

A guy in a club, I had never met in my life about 4 months after I last took my car there said "I'm in awe of your car!"

The best reaction I've ever had have been the squeaks of delight from various girls I have taken out in it! I recall Monica's comment was "I feel horny now!"

Then there was Gems, the gravitationally defiant, busty, 19 year old blonde who said nothing... she just climbed onto one corner and started humping it!!!! :):huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grr... I don't think I've met the girl who's actually cared about my car. I guess that means chicks just have to like me for me :( that can't do. Except for that one chick who left flowers and her phone number on my windshield, but she was absolutely psycho and not in a good way. Not even decent looking, and too old for me. plus I worked with her.

Yeah, aside from the "it's pointy" comment, the most I usually get out of girls is "is that your car?" And then a resigned and somber "oh," as if they decide half the reason that I bought it was to get in her pants in the first place, and I'm a shallow, creepy bastard. Then it's just kind of weird for the rest of the trip as they try hard to ignore the fact that I drive around in a big huge penis.

Mostly I get complaints about how uncomfortable/small/no cupholders/my head is hitting the roof variety (wow... take out the small part and you could have a compilation of complaints about something else :(. California girls are jaded bitches who refuse to have a good time. At least the Arizona girl told me it was pointy. Didn't complain either. Think I've found the one

slade

Statistically speaking, the hornier the car makes the girl, the less horny the girl makes me. Guess I'm not into shallow girls, then... :huh:

The best relationship I ever got into, started when I was between Esprits.

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

Then there was Gems, the gravitationally defiant, busty, 19 year old blonde who said nothing... she just climbed onto one corner and started humping it!!!! :huh::)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope she didn't make a mess on the interior.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus