Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG meeting 3rd February - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG meeting 3rd February

simonf

I know we have only just had the last meeting, but i am always keen to keep the momentum! So guys are we all ok to return to the usual format of the first tuesday in the month? And are we ok to hold it in suffolk? especially as our only suffolk contingent (nifty) is in latin america having a whale of a time and not thinking of us for one minute!! Would it be a better idea to hold it nearer to James so that he for once can have a few? I for one can see no reason why it couldnt be nearer manningtree after all is not that much further in milage is it? Can i have a list of attendees and there thoughts on the venue please!

Simon - food required - happy to meet where ever but think it would be nice to do essex!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict-

This thread will wander, be indecisive and struggle ti agree on a venue.

NMEG will rightly , take the ****

We'll end up near 3rd Feb having to set a venue

I hope those predictions are wrong.

Happy to move to somewhere closer to Essex, perhaps keep in mind anybody who may wish to come from Cambridge area. Will James be able to have a few jars unless it's almost on his door step?

James- where would you prefer to hold the meet?

Andy

I predict-

This thread will wander, be indecisive and struggle ti agree on a venue.

NMEG will rightly , take the ****

We'll end up near 3rd Feb having to set a venue

I hope those predictions are wrong.

Happy to move to somewhere closer to Essex, perhaps keep in mind anybody who may wish to come from Cambridge area. Will James be able to have a few jars unless it's almost on his door step?

James- where would you prefer to hold the meet?

Andy

Right i will be Mr Decisive! We are having it near manningtree! We can pick Mr tentenths up en-route and drop him off again so that he can have a few! It will probably make things a little easier for Ralph too! We will just have to see what Brendan has to say about the matter (as for the time being he is the only one making the meetings from cambridge) but he did say to me he didn't mind travelling and i applaud him for that!! He also said that he wouldn't mind skipping the next cambridge meeting for the same reason, but i reckon we should keep with tradition and if Brendan would like, pick him up and drop him off so that he can have a pint when it is the cambridge meeting! (providing he lives within a 10 miles (ish) radius of the ancient shephard!

James - some homework for you my friend! please find us a nice pub nearish (10miles or so) to your place of residence with plenty of parking, pretty barmaids and good food at a reasonable cost! Thankyou

I wouldn't be suggesting this other than the fact that we would be driving to Suffolk without there being a Suffolk local to meet with and we have never even considered an essex meet as Jame is the only AEGer from that county! We all know how nice it is to have a great night and be home 20 minutes later and for a one-off it might be nice to allow James the same pleasure! I Just think its a nice thing to do as these guys regulary make the meetings, usually driving solo, and its a long drive home on your own. Its not really going to be too much bother to us/me to pick them up, and it meens that a great night could be even greater!

Please feel free to PM if you disagree

If people think that the plans are changing slightly for the good of the singular rather than the group i do see your point, but my point is - we are all good friend who share common love! and good friends pick each other up every now and again so that there buddy can have a drink!!!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simon

First thought was where is Manningtree in Suffolk. Forgot about the expansionist plans to invade Essex. I take it you were planning a covert invasion and Suffolk was thrown in to deceive opposing forces.

Hope to see you there

Regards

Ralph

Edited by ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, time is ticking away and you know what we are like! If we don't agree on a venue soon then we won't have a meeting.

James says that there isn't much doing in Manningtree, so does anyone else have a suggestion?

Please let me know as soon as possible so that we can get moving on this thread

Ta

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I love you guys, you do make me laugh (in a nice affectionate way of course).

Just to put you out of your misery may I suggest Rovers Tye in Colchester, it's about 15mins down the road from Manningtree, a decent sized car park a good food on offer.

Not that I'll be at the meet but you wouldn't want to prove Andy right now would you :)

I don't know, erm, I, erm, oh, oh........er.........

sigh

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Right guys, i can't trust you to sought things out so:-

The venue for the next AEG meeting is the Dog at Norton, Suffolk!

List of those wishing to attend please!

Simonf Food required

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Right guys, i can't trust you to sought things out so:-

The venue for the next AEG meeting is the Dog at Norton, Suffolk!

List of those wishing to attend please!

Simonf Food required

Colin food required and where the f**K is the Dog at Norton ?

Colin

Thats a question I asked when on a dual carriageway near it last time.

The Dog Inn

Ixworth Road

Norton

Suffolk

IP31 3LP

Click here for map (zoom in for precise location)

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/maps.php?Place_ID=38430

Edited by Kimbers
Add in Map....you plonker

The list so far then is:-

Simonf food required

newt2c (aka the real colin!) food required

Buddsy food required

Andy clements food required

Ralph food required

Any more for anymore?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simonf food required

newt2c (aka the real colin!) food required

Buddsy food required

Andy clements food required

Ralph food required

Tobi food required (likely coming solo)

Brendan - food required - thanks!

No go here guys soz.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Table booked for 8pm so please aim to meet up at 7.30pm

Cheers guys and gals!

Simonf

PS - buddsy, if the weather worsens, would it be an idea to go in the Audi? I appreciate the offer but 4X4 might be required!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Sorry guys,was hoping to meet you all but cant make it this time.I will keep an eye on the forum for next time.As my heater is useless I would probably have died from hypothermia on the way anyway and I am having trouble engaging the four wheel drive also,that is what the lever is on the arm rest isnt it??!

Cheeres Paul.

Sorry guys, can't make tonight's meeting. Sadly, during the last 10 days two longstanding work colleagues/friends have died. As a consequence life's been both traumatic & rather hectic of late.

Hope you all have a great time and look forward to catching up in March (Ancient Shepherd at Fen Ditton).

Hope you all have a great time and look forward to catching up in March (Ancient Shepherd at Fen Ditton).

...at least that saves a lot of messing about next month !

Not a drop of snow in sight and clear blue skies, think the Esprit might get an outing B)

Colin

Colin