Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Review: Esprit Performance HKS Type Super Sequential Dump Valve - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Review: Esprit Performance HKS Type Super Sequential Dump Valve

Bibs

Esprit Performance HKS Type Super Sequential Dump Valve

Clipboard01-68.jpg

Kit contains:

1 x Dump valve

1 x adapter (already attached)

1 x Silicon T-piece

3 x jubilee clips

1 x vacuum T-piece

1 x vacuum hose

Installation.

A doddle to fit, took less than 10 minutes. Basically undo the chargecooler mountings to allow it to move slightly, remove the old silicon hose between that and plenum and replace with the supplied T-piece. Then cut the vacuum hose and fit the small vacuum T-piece and hose and refit the chargecooler. Job done!

Performance.

Nice noise! For some footage of it an action please see here. It

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan,

With the adaptor, Iam not sure if there's enough space to fit these on a V8 but your more than welcome to try them out. I will have to order some T-pieces to suit your car. Maybe it's something we can do before Donnington Lotus show perhaps?

Not sure if Iam helping out on the PNM stand this year or doing an Autojumble with Adrian to get rid of the last few bits we have on the V8 but I'll look into seeing if this dump valve will fit on the V8 using silicone T-Pieces.

Dave Walters

If you unbolt the front you can take that little defuser out which nulls the sound a bit more, it's barely audable outside the car, just stops people looking over as you change gear and going "prat" :D

You can hear it on the video it has a high frequency element to it like metal rubbing....just incase you wanted to ditch it.

Nice lines round Brands there Bibs, impressive - you got Clark into the start finish straight spot on imo, all throttle no steering. Loads of people take a late apex there but you carry more speed into the straight the way you done it.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

The principle and action are the same. This one may have an advantage insomuch that it's a double piston so won't leak under high boost but the main difference is the noise, recircs are almost silent.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

These are 'copy' HKS 'type' dump valves are they not?

At that price they seem cheap enough, and if they do the job then who cares. But i know the HKS SSQV is more expensive.

As i have the HKS SSQV MK2 dump valve and there are some cosmetic differences IMHO. As for the mechanical difference i can't comment as it is still sitting in a box round Sparky's waiting fitment to my car. Although they come highly recommended from Dermot et al - he and many others have the MK 1 type.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg