Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where are they now - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Where are they now

I was digging through some old photo's yesterday and came across these piccies of an S2 and an Essex Turbo. The photo's were taken in the paddock at Castle Donnington sometime in the summer of 1982. The S2 reg is CWB470T and the Essex PPW 702W. Anyone on here own either of them or know where they are now?

post-3392-1233043825_thumb.jpg

post-3392-1233043840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kimbers
Adjust picture spacing

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Essex registration number doesn't match any of the ones on the Esprit register that Steve T (Essex004) helped to produce but some numbers are missing and a few will have been changed.

Can you see the number of the car on the rear quarter panel on the original photo?

Both cars look great and but that Essex looks absolutely fantastic. OK I'm biased.

One will be partially dismantled in someone's garage undergoing a '15 years and counting restoration', the other will have expired in a leaking fuel line blaze of smog inducing fibreglass crispyness.

I'll let you make your own mind up as to which is which.

:D

Shame the Essex has been re regd, PPW is very Bondish. Interesting it's the one that has been on Ebay since Fred Flintstone was at school. How much do we reckon it's really worth?

• Gold FFM

Would love to come accross old pics of my car.

This question probably deserves own thread, but as a number of owners have mentioned - I would always ask this question of a potential seller, re number of previous owners, but always find myself thinking why did I ask it, as other than information, it has very little relevance as to how the car has been looked after. I would always prefer a big folder full of reciepts though irrespective of number of owners. Think I'm number 9

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This question probably deserves own thread. Is number of previous owners an important issue when buying? As a number of owners have mentioned - I would always ask this question of a potential seller, re number of previous owners, but always find myself thinking why did I ask it, as other than information, it has very little relevance as to how the car has been looked after. I would always prefer a big folder full of reciepts though irrespective of number of owners.

Ian,

Go on Youtube and look for "Fly me to the moon le mans antics" and look in the background

This question probably deserves own thread, but as a number of owners have mentioned - I would always ask this question of a potential seller, re number of previous owners, but always find myself thinking why did I ask it, as other than information, it has very little relevance as to how the car has been looked after. I would always prefer a big folder full of reciepts though irrespective of number of owners. Think I'm number 9

Hmmm, I think a new thread would be good for this as I challenge someone to beat the Mutant's 15 owners since 1981.......... :D

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

First thing first .Great pictures .......Love the Essex .Reference the registration number .PPW .I remember seeing a dry sump turbo for sale on E bay Might of been a year ago might be longer.It was red ,all the window frames were painted Red also.But i do remember that the registration began with PPW.as it was mentioned in the advert .One day i would love to own another Dry Sump Turbo .But untill then i am very happy with my S3......................Great cars these Esprits as we all know Cheers Mike

Hi Bazza

Been waiting for an excuse to use these photo's

If one Essex isn't worth that that much then 2 Essex might be worth ?????

On 2nd thoughts last time I went on the DVLA site only 5 were on the road including 011 & 004 so maybe they're just priceless.

Steve T

:unsure:

Stunning pictures ................. even with Ian May sporting his dainty pins in the background.

I could look at pictures of the Essex all day.

I think it could tell me to sell my V8 and buy it ...............it's that persuasive

What needs doing to the one for sale on e-bay Bazza?

The advert suggests it's in great condition ............... clearly, you having inspected it, it isn't.

I think an Essex is worth a premium over a turbo S3. I also think a good 'un will fetch far more than

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Hi Graham, Here's a few more Essex photo's from the 60th for you to look at , did you notice that other good looking guy in the background, anyone know who he is ? spotted him a few times at various Lotus events, someone whispered to me he's related to a famous Holywood film star whoose name begins with a B ? Could be Bruce Whillis's younger brother ?

Steve T

• Gold FFM

Whilst we're having an Essex fest....... Even Dodgy found his way into this shot!

61.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hopo - yes it's polished up well but look at that metallic ice blue S3 in the background - FANTASTIC, what a combination.

Graham

Happy to continue the price debate if it means more pics of Essex cars.

Essex 12 that's still for sale - I'd pay

Nice one Barrie,

It's totally irresponsible to talk Essex prices down it's this kind of talk that started the credit crunch.

In fact talking any Lotus price down is an act of treason and Bibs should but a policemans hat on an issue a fine.

Propose this fine should be a 12 months ban from any Lotus gathering coupled with a grovelling apology on the forum.

MW who owns 012 would'nt even answer the enquiry for 8K.

When we're at Donnington someone come and ask me how much my Essex valuation is and bring a friend to catch them when they faint.

Did 007 sell last year it was on Pistonheads and then dissapeared.

Steve T

This is what an 8K Essex looks like.

Steve T