Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SCLC California OC Lotus meeting pictures! - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SCLC California OC Lotus meeting pictures!

fmxa

It was another warm 89 degree California winter day :D and the South Coast Lotus Club with 19 Esprit's and 16 Elise's hit the road for a drive through the Orange County Canyons. Practically every model of Esprit showed up including a JPS S1. Enjoy the pictures, and I'll post more as they come in.

We all hit the road again December 4th for a charity event in the San Fernando valley (like, oh my god, the valley!) followed by brunch at the Getty Museum. There are expected to be close to 1000 cars at this charity event (Lotus, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche etc) so we'd love to see some new faces and cars.

Paul

cimg00681lh.jpg

cimg00707po.jpg

cimg00797rx.jpg

cimg00834yf.jpg

cimg01238rq.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goddamn it. I was rock climbing in Joshua Tree instead. Didn't even get to drive the Esprit, had to haul camping gear so borrowed my mom's SUV. It was a beautiful day though, glad yall enjoyed it. I'll really try to make it on the 4th now :D

I just want to see an Ellie up close for once. Nice silver turbo.

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

that looks like the silver g-car sold recently in sanfernando valley. actually i hope it isn't. that one was truly dodgy to worse. sorry i didn't support the event. i am an o.c. resident and should have showed up sober or not. promise to make the next one.

I think I know the one you're talking about Teigan... dodgy looking Special Edition 87 HCI? I don't think that's it, you can tell by the bonnet.

I said bonnet.

you people are getting to me

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

that looks like the silver g-car sold recently in sanfernando valley.  actually i hope it isn't.  that one was truly dodgy to worse.  sorry i didn't support the event.  i am an o.c. resident and should have showed up sober or not.  promise to make the next one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope this one had the same owner for the last four years - there were three g-cars, silver, yellow and black. Looking forward to seeing you at the next event.

Great pictures - where exactly is this ? I used to live near Canoga park in the valley, later a bit further up the 5 in Valencia. This was before my Lotus days mind, but would be great to go hooning around those areas and some of the roads north of LA were pretty great as well (honestly cant remember...might have been palmdale around there).

Tops stuff - wish I was with you guys out there in the hot weather (like 37 degrees F here today) :D

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Great pictures - where exactly is this ?  I used to live near Canoga park in the valley, later a bit further up the 5 in Valencia.  This was before my Lotus days mind, but would be great to go hooning around those areas and some of the roads north of LA were pretty great as well (honestly cant remember...might have been palmdale around there).

Tops stuff - wish I was with you guys out there in the hot weather (like 37 degrees F here today)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch 37F, it only got up to ~78F here today! Location was Santiago and Trabuco Canyon in Orange County (soon to have an extra 6800 houses built close by), and yes there's some good fast roads out toward Palmdale and the desert! You probably wouldn't recognize Valencia any longer, it's a giant sprawl of houses all along the 5 Fwy.

I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life

:D

Wish I was there! lol

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Ouch 37F, it only got up to ~78F here today! Location was Santiago and Trabuco Canyon in Orange County (soon to have an extra 6800 houses built close by), and yes there's some good fast roads out toward Palmdale and the desert!  You probably wouldn't recognize Valencia any longer, it's a giant sprawl of houses all along the 5 Fwy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I loved it when I was out there, never wanted to come back (probably didn't want me back either haha) - I take it thats near-ish to Huntingdon Beach south of Anahiem - we stayed there a while too, one afternoon we went up the mountains and the fog came in and we were stuck for a good few hrs LOL.

Robin - you wouldn't like it there, believe me :D

So much heat, so much grip.

I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life I hate my life

:D

Wish I was there! lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well look at the bright side, you can nip down the street for cod roe and chips with a Tizer and I have to fly 11 hours for the same thing! I also miss those Mr Kiplings French Fancy cakes :)

Well look at the bright side, you can nip down the street for cod roe and chips with a Tizer and  I have to fly 11 hours for the same thing!  I also miss those Mr Kiplings French Fancy cakes  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fishy is a vegan though, and therefore has no bright side to gaze upon. :D

Snowstorms forecast for the end of the week...wrap up warm Robin!! :)

Posted Image

you can get red tizer, frenchfancies, and more from picadilly imports in losangeles. as for real fish and chips. i'll batter some up for your next event if you rent an electric fryer.

you can get red tizer, frenchfancies, and more from picadilly imports in losangeles.  as for real fish and chips.  i'll batter some up for your next event if you rent an electric fryer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What real Mr Kiplings French Fancies? I've seen the knock-offs at the Tudoe House in Santa Monica, just isn't the same! I even had a friend bring me four boxes over from the UK, only the idiot brought some Sainsburys version - should have left him at the airport :lol:

You know, its nearly mince pie time, never mind frying chips, do you bake? :lol::lol:

Edited by fmxa

that settles it.

my car should be yellow at some point.

slade

Great pictures - where exactly is this ?  I used to live near Canoga park in the valley, later a bit further up the 5 in Valencia.  This was before my Lotus days mind, but would be great to go hooning around those areas and some of the roads north of LA were pretty great as well (honestly cant remember...might have been palmdale around there).

Tops stuff - wish I was with you guys out there in the hot weather (like 37 degrees F here today)  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well swipe me sideways! I live near Palmdale and work in Valencia. Paul's right about the massive growth here. I've noticed a big change in the 6 years I've been here.

As for the roads, you've just got to try Lake Hughes road from Lake Hughes to Castaic Lake. It's one of those roads that you just have to drive quickly. Also, I saw that Alain DeCadenet chose the 118 to Ventura and then the 150 to Casitas as his favourite drive in a recent edition of Octane magazine, I think.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Well swipe me sideways!  I live near Palmdale and work in Valencia.  Paul's right about the massive growth here.  I've noticed a big change in the 6 years I've been here.

As for the roads, you've just got to try Lake Hughes road from Lake Hughes to Castaic Lake.  It's one of those roads that you just have to drive quickly.  Also, I saw that Alain DeCadenet chose the 118 to Ventura and then the 150 to Casitas as his favourite drive in a recent edition of Octane magazine, I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Might have done that road, as you come off the 5 coming out of greater LA (past 6 Flags) you take the exit for Castaic (where that hotel is)....the lake is right then as you drive past the end of the lake on your left you come to a T junction....go left there and that takes you right up into the hills iirc.

Shame about Valencia it was very quiet when I was there - I guess those kinda towns will keep pushing North - Castaic was just a truck stop when I was there.

If I go out there next year - I'll see if they'll rent me an Elise :o

Might have done that road, as you come off the 5 coming out of greater LA (past 6 Flags) you take the exit for Castaic (where that hotel is)....the lake is right then as you drive past the end of the lake on your left you come to a T junction....go left there and that takes you right up into the hills iirc.

Shame about Valencia it was very quiet when I was there - I guess those kinda towns will keep pushing North - Castaic was just a truck stop when I was there.

If I go out there next year - I'll see if they'll rent me an Elise  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the one. Guy at work regularly wears his front tyres down to the cords commuting along there every day.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Looks awesome..

but am I the only one to have been offended / amused to the point of no return by this.....

KT4T0057.sized.jpg

CAR BRA!! :):( :(

:( :( :( :(

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I remember the old 911 and some fanatic beetle owners lobbing these

CAR BRAS as fishy puts it! on there motors in the uk,

however dont call me vain but i would rather stone chip the beauty

than throw the bondage gear on the front of an esprit! :)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

A