Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wipers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i binned the s4 one (one with the pin) , got a replacement and just drilled a pin out, plugged where the pin goes in and put a screw through the new one, been on there over a year no problem, and will be easy to replace (and cheap)

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Andrew - if you dont want to use an original, you can get a Champion blade and combine it with their AK1 Japanese car kit and presto - you have a wiper with a pin that drops in as a direct replacement.

Being you're in Surrey, both PMA and CPA factors branches carry them.

The original wiper blades are still made in Australia by Trico and are still readily available for a couple of pounds.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

The original wiper blades are still made in Australia by Trico and are still readily available for a couple of pounds.

Are we talking the whole wiper blade or just the insert?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The Trico wiper blade is the OEM fit for Lotus. I believe they will still have the complete wiper blade. Alternatively as Jason said go straight to the V8 blade which should be a close fit. I got the exact wiper refill for the S4.

According to the data I've collected the Trico part # is NVP610 24. Apparently the double pack wiper is available at the Australian K-Marts for $7 AUD. Does anyone want to pick me up one?

-Chandra

91SE

I'll check it out. that's the same pack I bought last year.

For starters here's a pic of the pack.

wiper01.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Are these still availables in AUS? I've found Trico 44-240 refills in the USA that I think would do also, but it's through Amazon and it'd cost about USD $70 to ship a couple of refills that cost USD $5! Would anyone be able to look at the possiblity to ship a couple of refill packages to France for me?

Thanks,

Hervé

1980 Peugeot 504 Coupé V6Ti

2000 Peugeot 406 Coupé V6SE

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

Went to the usual retailers who sell Trico and of course they no longer do. In the end went to my local mob and they still sell the Trico brand, but... trico no longer make the NVP610. They have generic alternates. If you can't source a suitable alternate in your local area, advise and I'll just get the Trico alternative rubber.

I've found a basic rubber refill in a local supermarket that had a suitable profile. It's not great (leaves a lot of marks on the windscreen) but it'll do until I can fit an alternative blade (like a Bosch 24" blade for Renault Laguna or Peugeot 406 with Bosch pin kit).

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

• 2 weeks later...

Which Bosch ref was it? Haven't found a Bosch model with suitable profile...yet!

1996 Lotus Esprit S4s

Good question...I think it was the 24S .....ie 24inch with a spoiler, although I took that off. Havent used it yet as the car is put away for cleaning ready for supercar sunday this weekend. There was a Champion blade on it before and this is the same size etc and fit as that. It listed as being suitable for the Laguna, as has been suggested on here before

Get this! My 2001 V8 Esprit SE wiper blade at slightly more than average speed in the rain starts banging against the body at the end of its sweep.

Anyone had this happen to them? and any recommended solution?

Kind Regards,

Cannonball