Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG meeting 7th April - UK - East Anglia - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG meeting 7th April

simonf

Its time to start the ball rolling with regards to the April meeting. Its Norfolks turn so it will be a return to the ever popular Bird In Hand at Wrenningham.

Please could I have a list of attendees please.

Simonf Food required

also i think we need to start considering a spring hoon. Its time to dust of the Esprits from their winter hibernation and speed off to the coast again i think!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting with a good attendance at the Lotus Sport Open day next weekend would be good!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I am there mate, i can't do any more than that. I have been sent some extra tickets so if anyone has a last minute change of heart, they could get a ticket from me!

Simonf

PS I still have some mucky belgium beer with your name on it, i will bring along to the Lotus on Track event!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Nice to see! Am trying to get my car ready so I can pick it up on that day but not confident as yet.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm in Krakow next weekend and Twickenham the weekend after.

Won't be hooning until April ... or possibly last weekend in March.

(Still haven't fixed my clutch !! Might have to get the 7 MoTed and come along in that)

Keep off the straight and narrow

Put me down for the BIH.

And I'm still on track to get the red S3 on the road for Saturday, close to the wire but there's nothing like a tight deadline to get me motivated.

Just shout if you need a hand!!!

Nice to see! Am trying to get my car ready so I can pick it up on that day but not confident as yet.

Car, Car what car? Have you treated yourself Kimbers!!!

Scrub that i have just seen the post! Well done mate it looks the tits!

I too have bought a new car, not a lotus though :)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

If we're not careful we're gonna have more than one Lotus in attendance here :rofl:

EDIT: PS Club Lotus Norfolk are having a talk on the Evora here tomorrow night (Thursday 12th March) , if everything goes to plan I should get along

Edited by Newts

Colin

I will be there in my car, all things being equal. Though it will have just had an outting on the Pistonheads Fish and Chip run the weekend before!!

What do you mean by that Kimbers?

You can't be thinking that you are going to drive it so hard on its maiden voyage as to kill it? Only my car has the right to blow up every time it comes out on a run!!

Or

Did you mean that you might still, after two days, be trying to get out of the car?

Or

Did you mean that your arse might still be in so much agony that you decide to leave the Exige behind and come in the comfort of the Kia?

Simon

PS I owe you an apology - I forgot to bring that Belgium Beer for you saturday! I will bring it to the PH run!Promise

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Not much point doing that, he'd have to transport it bottle by bottle with that size car, and then it would probably explode having been shaken so much by the violent turns MrK will have made the car do.

Hey! :) At least my car can go round corners! I've never seen a Lotus Test driver look so scared as when he got out of your car!! :D

Dave Eds photograph of the Ice Blue Beast looks ace though!! There is something about watching a G car go round a track!

There was a white Turbo going round with red decals and i was absolutely transfixed! Its logged in the memory banks as a pretty sight along with the Essex turbo going round at the open day!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simon

Will try to get up on the 7th April but cant confirm until nearer the time. Since the last BIH meet, I dont think I have ever been so busy. I still have some outstanding actions to deal with, maybe in the next couple of weeks things might settle down a bit.

If I get the chance to attend, I will need food.

Cheers

Ralph

Hey! :) At least my car can go round corners!

Mine can go round corners, just you have to be a little more reserved, and a lot more content with the possibility your life may end quite abruptly.

I've never seen a Lotus Test driver look so scared as when he got out of your car!! :D

Unless you've been driving.

Simon

Will try to get up on the 7th April but cant confirm until nearer the time. Since the last BIH meet, I dont think I have ever been so busy. I still have some outstanding actions to deal with, maybe in the next couple of weeks things might settle down a bit.

If I get the chance to attend, I will need food.

Cheers

Ralph

Ralph, it would be great to see you....but don't sweat it if you can't make it! WOrk is more important, especially in the current economic climate....epecially in the car industry....and oh yeh the property market!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'd rather not. The word "Banker" seems to be now linked to words like "Murderer", "Rapist" and "Max Moseley".

Hi

I met a few of you last year at Aldebugh and earlier at the Esprit run to Gt Yarmouth. I recently see Andy C at Lotus Sports Hethel who mentioned there's some events coming up which prompted me to get online.

I am interested in coming along on the 7th April but can you provide some more info.. i.e is it a run or just meet at Wreningham, times, if a run any idea of route? Is it okay to mention to some EALC friends who may be interested to attend.

I had also heard there may be a run with the Forum and Piston Heads around 5th April is this still going ahead?

Many Thanks

Gerry

Hi Gerry.

The Aldeburgh run is mentioned in the thread below, it's Piston Heads one

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry224897

With the meet details in the PH forum

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/topic.a...April&mid=0

Red Lodge truck stop for 8:30 then all meeting at Thetford Sainsbury's car park for 9am

Stowmarket Tesco car park 10 am the idea being for the Thetford contingent to meet the others at Stowmarket then all travel to the coast arriving 11:15 ish.

Wrenningham is just set to be a meet rather than a run as it's an evening meet (the rotating venue regular day).

Mentioning to other EALC members would be great, it's nice to have any Lotus owner/ enthusiast there irrespective of model, as you'll see by teh post most have a meal there, it simply makes the turn around times from work to the locations easier than eating at home first.

I have mentioned it's time to have an AEG run (then the PH coast run came up) so I think we'll plan some in, but I'm conscious this year to not clash with EALC ones as I and other members of both can't be in two places at one time.

See you there?

Just post if you want food or not and we'll make sure the table is large enough.

Hi Gerry,

Nice to see you on the forum - you and the EALC are more than welcome and we hope to see you there!

YOu are welcome to join the AEG (which is just the anglian chapter of Lotus Esprit Forum) no charge. If you join i will e-mail you with up and coming events locally.

See you soon

Simon

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!