Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PH Fish and Chips run - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PH Fish and Chips run

Kimbers

Myself and James are going to do the first Hoon of the season, with Pistonheads. To make you all aware of it, it's April 5th and everyone is invited. These runs are normally well organised with loads of great cars to drool over.

He'res a link, would love to see you all there as I'm the only Lotus right now (unless James ditches the Scooby).

http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/topic.a...th%20of%20April

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and James are going to do the first Hoon of the season...

Apart from the chip shop hoon SLEG did two months ago!

:)

Might be up for another 250 - 300 mile run to the chippy.

Will keep an eye out for this one nearer the day, so don't put my name down.

Nearly two thirds of my Elise miles have been wet so far, to the point i'm going

to be a 'garage queen ponce' for a bit and try to save some of my mile allocation

for the dry...

You would be more than welcome Paul. When I said first hoon I meant for PH East Anglia.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Cheers mate, will see.

Met up with my local PH crew for a hoon once, very very fast folk.

Was not prepared to join in some of their overtaking mind, as it was

borderline suicide at some points, with oncoming cars diving for the

gutter - a bit like trying to follow Bibs actually...

Nah, they're all retired kinda folks here...except us and a young lad in a Merc....Owen comes to most!

Rumour has that Simonf might be bringing his new beast of an Audi out to play....

along with its attendant petrol tanker! :) :)

Simonf is coming out to play!!! and he will be bringing the new beast as you put it!

If you are bring your forrester, could i fill your boot up with jerry cans please?

Be a nice little race between the forrester and the S5 i should imagine - turbo Vs f@ck off great V8!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Andy thats a fair point well made! But have you ever worked out what MPG you are getting from the Esprit? I know yours is Fuel Injected but mine (even without the holes in the pistons) was struggling to get 18MPG! even on a run (no mentions about half the fuel being on my garage floor please!) - the only saving grace is that the fuel tanks are huge!

PS i still think it would be a fair race as i can't imagine the forrester on full chat is economical!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Working.............................Again :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Working? But it's a weekend. Then again, I used to work most (9 out of 10 I guess) Saturdays for a period of 12 years.

Simon, I worked out the MPG on a run to and from Ely area once (looking at a car for Botus) and it was achieving 25+, which I think was quite good, roof out, lots of air buffeting, not so gentle throttle use etc. The Excel isn't as good as far as I know, but hat's probably me caning it a bit more due to it's power being approx half that of the TE.

25+MPG! That pretty good - especially when you take in to consideration your not inconsiderable frame! I can get 25MPG out of the S5 but only if i am really, really, really careful and pull off in second into 4th and then into 6th and take the revs to no more than 1200rpm! The good thing is that it still makes a glorious noise even at 1200rpm! The bad thing is that it makes an even more glorious noise at 6700rpm (guess which end of the rev range i spend more time at!!)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hmmm.. teh Exige S can do 30mpg if driven carefully...... :) Who reckons I can get through some semi slicks in a day? My last attempt at using all the tread on my tyres, in my Esprit, is still all the way out of Thickthorne!

Anyway lets keep the thread about the PH hoon.

This is how you shred the tread from your tyres!

Obviously that was me on the test drive from the audi dealership!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Just been in touch with Mark (F&C run organiser). He's now up to 31 confirmed cars/bikes and will be closing the list once it reaches 33. So, if you've not already signed up you need to do so asap (via link in Kimbers' original post).

Sorry guys, i am going to pull out of the PH run!

GIven the choice (and i have) between a nice little run to Aldeborough and some fish and chips or open pit lane at Santa Pod with the S5 owners club (for only

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Ahh thats interesting as that may just alter my whole take of strategy! If the clutch is under waranty, i feel much better!

Andy fuel yes! Tyres i wouldn't have thought so...Quattro shouldn't allow and tyre smoke just lightning take offs!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Absolutely cracking day by the looks of it! Warm and sunny, really looking forward to this!

Everyone ready?

If anyone needs a lift let me know as I have a spare seat but, Andy, You wanna come over and we'll hoon up there together?

I just need to put the near side rear damper and spring on, set the tracking, secure the steering column, put the tank cover trims in, and tighten the bolts on the bushes and I should be ready.

Yep, I'll pop over to yours Sunday morning then.

Is that it then? Just me Andy and James on this one? Colin, you still in?