Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Seriously, who on here has an Elise / Exige? - Page 3 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Seriously, who on here has an Elise / Exige?

Paul C

Exige / Elise  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This one was very loud but lacked the power the chassis and looks would suggest it had.

Pity as the early K seris cars are ripe for messing about with. The stock 120bhp

may well be a bit underpowered when you strecth it's legs but there are plenty of

things to do to it. My S1 is dyno'd at 170bhp, which does not feel it wanting for

anything other that a packet of earplugs..

:)

Only 1 Exige S1 thus far?

That car is currently my favorite lotus, due to it's rarity and it's purity in not having

all the electric toys and fly by wire gizmo's. Probably why virtually none come up for

sale and those that do are touching 20 grand still! In time the first S2 Exiges will be

cheaper than the S1 exiges...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest surferphil

My S2 had a Hurricane, janspeed exhaust, racing wheels and a short shifter. Quicker acceleration than my Elan Turbo 0-60, but not when the turbo was charged and kicking out 200 bhp. I wanted a faster Lotus to the 20 year old Elan and was a little dissapointed especially as it's so unrefined compared to the M100. I drove my mates Honda'd 340R which is the quickest lotus I have seen, that's in a different league. It's up for sale here: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1127759.htm check it out!

I agree about the S1 Elise Exige. A true collectors item! Although the electric windows weigh less than the manual assembly. :)

I agree about the S1 Elise Exige. A true collectors item! Although the electric windows weigh less than the manual assembly. :)

Thing is, if you don't have the windows to wind up then your arms get too weak to turn the

steering wheel and you need the added driver aids. Also, i have heard the fuses and switches

for the electric window pack weigh around 20kg per side, although i can't confirm that.

That 340 looks mental, i'll add the 340 as an option to the poll as i forgot it! :)

I love Steve Williams duratec conversion, with the whole new engine, bespoke ECU,

engine lid etc for the S1. You need a deep pocket though, and used S1's with this conversion

done sell for

Guest surferphil
Thing is, if you don't have the windows to wind up then your arms get too weak to turn the

steering wheel and you need the added driver aids. Also, i have heard the fuses and switches

for the electric window pack weigh around 20kg per side, although i can't confirm that.

That 340 looks mental, i'll add the 340 as an option to the poll as i forgot it! :lol:

I love Steve Williams duratec conversion, with the whole new engine, bespoke ECU,

engine lid etc for the S1. You need a deep pocket though, and used S1's with this conversion

done sell for

• 4 weeks later...

6 years ago i 've bought my first Lotus, the Esprit made my childhood dream come true.

But its not only the Esprit i had interest in, i knew there are more Lotus which i wantet to drive.

So there currently is a 1998 Elise S1 alongside the Esprits, the Elan and the Elite in my garage.

At the moment i'm waiting for the new Esprit. Lets see.

Dragi

Thanks, surferphil.

It's true, the stevens is one of my favorites too. But i love the other babies nearly as much as i love

the yellow Esprit :wub: . The Elise is a great little car. Pure driving! The M100 is my sons favorite.

The only one in this bunch that my wifey was against is the Type 61.

She was in fear i could start to race the car. I told her the car will be a wallhanger one day :evil:

She is still waiting for that moment - but the car is here with me :yes:

Dragi

Edited by gospeedv8

• Gold FFM

'wallhanger' !? ...could'nt believe that. So silly -hop you haven't told her about the racing-group of *Mr. Pony* or the Lola Mutant ... . :evil:

Bring her up to the Dunston in October, and we will have a talk about 'priorities' in ownership of those special items :yes:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

that looks like serious work there....

And now !? Would be a shame to hang it up -the easier way was to fit just frame an body panel up to the wall. This car should be used as it was aimed for !!

• Gold FFM

Robin :yes: that boy was funny in Wiesbaden :evil:

..and OK, housewifes have always the last word on such things. We made the same comments about Hugo's green formula car in the club house. Good thing was that it is used now as private racer 'in share' ... so these cars are still alive!

Keeps me thinking not to dream of a girl furthermore, other ways i could not go on my special ways of 'time wasting & dangerous projects' as now.... . With that power on all about of our life women are really the stronger gender !

• Gold FFM

the azure-blue Elise I've got -that would be a nice 'girls car' after it is sorted. And there is a veterinarian as one of the neighbors , and a horse station (or more exactly two) in an distance of 1km around where i work usually on the Esprit (or my cars in general) -so it should be possible to point any girl in the right way if it comes to 'discussions' ... . :evil:

Edited by G

• Gold FFM

I only have the esprit and with these sort of prices Elises I don't think I'll ever be getting one as a second car. :rolleyes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Wow :rolleyes: -never seen an Elise with an 110.00 price tag on it -OK, even as it is Australian Dollar. Bud i know what you mean. Thats a lot.. .

So it just tax-rates on new imports (would it be the same if you choose an 'used wreck' car..!? ) . Other ways it could be relatively cheap to get one. As Elise's seem to be constructed more in a LEGO type of engineering. Really impressive how simple and 'partially intelligent' these cars are constructed. It is no wonder that a lot of used GB cars are now on the road over here, converted as LHD cars... . You could simply reanimate an older car from GB, as those are a like 'mass production' cars now over there.

I know Kylie told us how the import laws about 'older emission rate' cars would be now in the south. Bud if it is possible to import & register an 1.8 L GB car of lets say 3years of age , why not do it in Kylies way? Think the transporter company can make an good offer , as an Elise really not need that much space. My Elise is now nearly parked rectangular behind the Esprit... . :hrhr:

• 2 weeks later...

Owned my New Ali S1 Exige for 8 years and my (wife's :) ) Azure Blue S1 111s for 6 years.

Both been absolutely fantastic, reliable cars :) Can't see me ever selling either..

Edited by SimonE

• 2 weeks later...

And I forsee (with my chrystal ball) that Exige, especially, will only be appreciating in tuture. Mark my words I will be quoting them at you in about 12 months time!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

On the downside, getting in and out with the roof on is hard, but gets easier with time, although I've strained a shoulder muscle doing it so am on painkillers for 2 weeks while it heals!

I've got a removable steering wheel on my S1 and it does make getting in and out a lot easier and less things to get caught up on !.

Getting in you can perch on the sill and then gently slide / fall into the seat with no arm action required, but getting out will obviously entail some right arm effort although pushing up with your feet will ease this too.

Martyn welcome.gif