Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Thieves ! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Thieves !

Guys,

Came down this morning and every single car in the garage (i have enclosed parking under the new apartment where i live with a security door) had been thieved.Window(s) smashed and anything of value had been taken.20 cars in one go !

Luckily i had parked my Exige out on the street but my beloved Esprit had received the same treatment as the rest of the cars.Smashed passenger window and my whole AV system stolen out of it !!

Why can't people just leave other peoples cars and stuff alone !!!! (RANT)

We all do our best to keep our cars in perfect order and looking good and these sort of people have no respect for even a car like the Esprit.

It breaks my heart

Anyway,i am insured and they have ordered a new window so no real damage done except the inconvenience of it.

Adrian

P.S The police could not even be bothered to come and just said the we all had to individually file a complaint with them at the station house. This really makes me lose any faith i have in what the police do for you .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperate stuff...I fear that in the current recessional times this will become more common. As for the Police...seems to me they no longer adhere to the basic contract between Them and Us...we pay them to stop this sort of stuff from happening, and catch such miscreants as there are. They tell Us it's all our fault!! And do nothing useful....you would think that, with the sudden glut of car audio systems resulting from this raid, they could find some of the theiving so&so's....or is it all going on Ebay?

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

From previous experience of the UK police during the car crime sudden rise of the nineties there idea of an investigation consists of the words 'your crime number is!'

P.S The police could not even be bothered to come and just said the we all had to individually file a complaint with them at the station house.

IDIOTS!

:cry:

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

• Gold FFM

Really sorry to hear this Adrian. Another sad enditement of the times we live in.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Agree with all said here.

My Lotus is always garaged, in fact no garage and i'd not keep one. But as an electrician

i always have a van full of tools, expensive test kit and other goodies, always parked outside.

The items you can nick from a car, even laptops and audio, are laughable in terms of the value

of the contents of a tradesmans van (

Maybe there is an opportunity for someone to make a blank plate with a load of wires coming out of it to stick over the radio to make it look like its already been nicked???

I had my car broken in to in a suposedly secure car park and the whole event was caught on CCTV. and even with a clear shot of the perp the police lost the footage and chalked it up to the stats! Then I got a customer service phone call asking how I thought they had dealt with the incident!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter @radioRedwards