Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 Injectors - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 Injectors

karmavore

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man...

Not at all but:

* while it's on my mind I wanted to find out and price out.

* I do plan on getting a bigger turbo in the near future

* I need a new fuel rail so while that is being swapped it might be a good time to look at the injectors.

Luke.

PS, I need a new fuel rail becuase the way the PO had the BOV it was rubbing against it and now there's a huge chunk taken out of the side. Could be fine forever, but if it ever went....crispy car, you know.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

* while it's on my mind I wanted to find out and price out.

* I do plan on getting a bigger turbo in the near future

* I need a new fuel rail so while that is being swapped it might be a good time to look at the injectors.

Luke.

PS, I need a new fuel rail becuase the way the PO had the BOV it was rubbing against it and now there's a huge chunk taken out of the side.  Could be fine forever, but if it ever went....crispy car, you know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sucks about the fuel rail. I think there is a cross reference somewhere for one so it shouldn't be too price.

What turbo do you plan to go with? One of the upgrades from WC or PUK or are you taking the DIY approach and finding a bigger turbo that fits?

When you look for injectors, go either Five-0 or RC, directly. Also, check about getting slightly larger, if you plan to go with a bigger turbo. With the red race chip #6, I see a max duty cycle of 65% on the primaries and 50% on the secondaries. Still within the operating range of the injectors. If you get a larger turbo and add a chip to that, you may want a little more leeway with your injector. Maybe another 10-20cc worth of injector for both primaries and secondaries.

The Fuel Rail is only $227 from JAE which seemed reasonable.

I plan on talking to the turbo shops (TEC, Turbonetics, Majestic, MJM..) and getting some sort of T3/T4. The units from WC and Marcus are VERY expensive. I bet you can cut the price at least in half avoiding them (and ceramic bearings).

RC makes lots of options for the secondaries but they only make a 370cc primary and then a 5XX, so I might have to stay stock there.

Thanks Rich!

Luke.

I am surprised RC can only replace stock for stock. Try Five-0 and see what they can do. What price did RC give you?

$227 isn't too bad at all for a new fuel rail. I'd still see if there is a cross reference part somewhere. COuld save you $100 if there is.

The Lotus turbo, contrary to popular believe is a common turbo. Even an "upgraded" turbo by TEC or Turbonetics, you should be able to get it for closer to $1000 or less. Keep us posted on your turbo search.

I'll give Five-O a call and also JAE offers AM units but when I called yesterday I was told that Jeff was the one who knew details. RC's prices are on their site. I think I was looking at just under $500 for a set of six.

I'll check the "Crystal Princess" site.

I was thinking the same. Even $700. Turbos are very modular thing, right, so what's the big deal. $2K for a turbo is a bit much.

What is the "Crystal Princess" site?

$500 for 6 sounds much better. Make sure you ask for them to include the printout for the testing of the injectors. Worth it for that piece of mind.

Turbos in general shouldn't cost more than $700-1000 unless they are custom turbos. A guy in your neck of the woods picked up a run of the mill turbo (50 trim) for his Esprit. it was a little larger than the Esprit design allowed so he had to do a little custom work to fit it up but I think he spent around $700 total for turbo and extra parts needed, along with a few man hours to fab up some brackets, get the fitment right, etc. So even if you pay up to $1000, if the turbo bolts on, no extras needed, it is worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I recently had a new set of WC primary injectors fitted which have a slightly increased flow rate, apparently. Don't ask me why, suppose its one of those crosseyed boy-racer things. Had a new turbo too which was slightly larger (compressor wheel and 360 bearing) so cant really see the difference the injectors are making. Suffice to say the car runs well and goes like STINK!

Dom ;)

WC uses RC injectors and 370cc is the biggest they offer before going into the 500cc /minute class so I don't think your new primaries have more flow. They my be new, and 'balanced', and have a better pattern, but I don't think they flow more. In fact, when I spoke with John about it he said that the primaires where the same size. This was in the summer/fall so maybe something has changed....

Luke.