Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Esprit Dyno - 6/27/09 - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New Esprit Dyno - 6/27/09

Since I was tired of the car not being able to hold more than 13.5psi at redline, I decided to have the turbos reflowed. For refrence here's the previous dyno with boost spiking to 17psi falling off to 13psi:

000_1151.jpg

Now for the new graph. Notice how flat the tq curve is now and I only lost 200rpm of spool time. Blue is 12psi, red is 15psi, and green is 16psi.

103_9364.jpg

This was on a conservative dyno known to read about 5% lower than most. Overall, I'm happy with the car. It's making more power with less peak boost but it's holding boost now. It also seems Johan's ECU runs very rich on hot air but with lower charge temps and adjusting the water injection, the a/f ratio fell right in place in the mid to high 11's. Even at 16psi the car stays cool; cooler than before at 12psi and no water injection!!!!

Here's the vid. The red car is Alan's (E5PR1T) running only 11psi of boost and water injection.

Edited by gmendoza

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great figures and well worth the work on the turbos.

Problems with the afr come from lack of charge temperature control. Now that you have that unde control, the ECU is not required to dump fuel, the engine is much happier and the power is UP.

Good job.

CHeers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Thanks Mike. One thing that I was not expecting was cooler COOLANT temps with a cooler charge!!! That's a very nice bonus.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonzalo,

Did you ever check what your ignition timing is doing under full throttle through to redline with the OBD-II software? The new turbos would be more efficient and thus reduce the heat generated into the charge. Nice results, is your engine stock internally?

Paul

• 1 month later...

Gonzalo,

Did you ever check what your ignition timing is doing under full throttle through to redline with the OBD-II software? The new turbos would be more efficient and thus reduce the heat generated into the charge. Nice results, is your engine stock internally?

Paul

Hi Paul, the scanner I used wasn't that great and it was a while back so my numbers may be off. One thing I do remember is that a Lotus High Tq ECU was scaned had more timing (almost 10* I think) while my Johan ECU had less( ~ 8* I think)

The engine is internally stock.

Hi Paul, the scanner I used wasn't that great and it was a while back so my numbers may be off. One thing I do remember is that a Lotus High Tq ECU was scaned had more timing (almost 10* I think) while my Johan ECU had less( ~ 8* I think)

The engine is internally stock.

Interesting, that is some serious ignition timing retard. Mucho power on the table, what was the IAT?

Interesting, that is some serious ignition timing retard. Mucho power on the table, what was the IAT?

I agree. Again it's been a while but I think temps were in the 118*F range. Ambient was about 80*F

Hello Gonzalo,

Very impressive rwhp!

I have been considering the reflow turbo's from PUK and Dynamic Racing along with intercooling for my 97. I would be interested in the details of where you had your turbo's reflowed and what was done to them. Also, have you noticed any negative effects in the drivability (i.e. lag)?

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by 8KRedRacer