Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Shell Drivers Club - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Shell Drivers Club

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you expect. I've had one from the optimax days ... (I'm now VPower club donchaknow). I buy lots of fuel so I've also got the Shell Mastercard from Citi. I've opted for the Drivers club card points to convert to airmiles ... and I get a straight 3% cashback on Shell fuel purchases on the credit card. Better than not having it - especially cos I'd use VPower anyway. Used the airmiles to visit friends in Basel earlier this year and my VPower is effectively now only 4% more than ordinary UL instead of 7%. All in all a good thing....but still probably daft if you would otherwise seek out the cheapest Tescos own brand.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

I have a card as I'd be using Vpower anyway so its a no brainer. Normally manage to get a 10 quid or more voucher each time (can't be bothered to do the math to work out how much fuel that is..!)

Guest Mutley00

Get a Citibank Shell Credit Card which gives a 3% discount on petrol. I only use mine for petrol purchases but it currently works out at 3p a litre saving.

Edited by Mutley00

Hehe we all complain when our amazing government put 2p on fuel tax but wont bother on the fuel discounts :P

Clearly it was a good thng cus citi are not accepting any new applicants.....

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Dont forget boys & girls fuel duty rise next Tuesday 1st September. Been kept quiet.

I use Sainsbugs & BP where possible to get Nectar points. As I do 40,000 in the Vectra per year (Reg Aug 06 just ticked over 100K) we get enough points to buy almost all our Christmas food shopping :P . Tend to use Sainsbugs superunleaded or BP Ultimate in the GT3, no Shell stations in Kiddy.

B****r!!! Just had the letter from Citi reducing the Shell cashback scheme from 3% to 1% and

• 6 months later...

They got all excited about sending me a card about SHELL drivers club fuel discounts...nice....until I read the blurb

1 litre = 1 point

500 points (500 litres, keep up at the back) = an intergalactic £2.50 worth of fuel vouchers.

Say fuel is £1.19 / litre = spend £595 with us and get £2.50 for your loyalty...thats a wopping 0.42% saving or 1/2 a pence / litre !!

Considering the spread on the forecourts are about 2-3p within your 5 mile area....wtf is the point of this card or am I missing something

TBH the weight it adds to my wallet probably robs me of that saving in extra calories needed to carry it around ! :D

The final nail is that with rising fuel costs that are increasing by about 1p / month - that % return gets smaller, and smaller, and smaller as time goes by.

Is this the most worthless loyalty card in existance ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

To the best of my limited knowledge on this subject, so called loyalty cars are all about data collection then onward sale of that data to 3rd parties. Which has value. But imo the pitence that you are offered in return for you personal data is an insult and simply taking the rise. I dont have any knowledge of the shell card so it may be different but personally I 'just say no'

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

It used to be much better - especially combined with the Shell credit card giving cashback of 6p/ltr, then 3p/ltr, then 1p/ltr til they withdrew it at the end of last year. I use the Shellpoints points for airmiles. You dont get very many per fill, but I do buy alot of petrol and I've had free flights (inclusive of taxes/charges) to Geneva, Nice and Basel to see friends, which I wouldn't have had without the card....but I'd have still bought the same petrol anyway, so there's not much in it for them either.