Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[HONG KONG]Left side mirror is damaged by someone - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[HONG KONG]Left side mirror is damaged by someone

esprithk

brokenmirror_500x667.jpg

ok, I received a call from the guy who washes my car. He said that my left side mirror is missing.

so I went to the car park after work to check out what's going on....

initially I thought it fell out because of the old glue is not working anymore.

well, I took the car for a drive tonight, and noticed the left side mirror is shaking when the car's in motion.

ok..after I parked the car, I checked it out, and the whole thing just falls apart!!

after examing the side mirror case and the way the metal ring is twisted and broke.

I believe it's caused by a fat guy who tried to go through the tight gap between the cars, turned my left side mirror another other way around (outward) and broke the metal ring + made the mirror fell off!

great! now I have to go back to my warehouse and check the old side mirror parts. I may have a spare piece.

and then order a new mirror from the mirror factory locally

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's really a pain in the ass when soemthing like this happen. I don't getting a used part for the side mirror from UK a big problem if you don't have the spare parts for it. So better close both side side mirrors when you park your car from now on.

Eric dont assume it was a fat guy, i have seen plenty of skinny guys walk between cars and crack mirrors, drag boxes along paint work etc. Also parents dragging small kids in tow could have done it.

Just standing up for the circumferentially challenged.

Yeah! Whats wrong with Fat guys? Liek Alex says, it could also have been a fat Sparrow who stopped for a rest!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It can also be fatigue. It happened to me while I was driving at 250 km/h in Germany.

Strong vibration on the mirror at 200km/h and suddenly broken at 250.

It's a Citro

Edited by bosbon_be

• 2 weeks later...

oh....Peter,

we don't go to 200kmph in HK.....

haha...Dennis

good, now I feel better that my car is using XJ220 mirrors....lol

*I have a spare pair of mirrors and will visit the warehouse to get them

Edited by esprithk

Turn out it is quite easy to fix , you don't even have to remove any door panel . You can see the step on lotusespritworld or andy whitaker website to get a better idea. Even you can fix it yourself without half an hour with only a screwdriver.

Mark's friend just brought a 2000 boxster (manual) so more people to go to sunday drive.

• 3 weeks later...
brokenmirror_500x667.jpg

I believe it's caused by a fat guy who tried to go through the tight gap between the cars...

Thats not fair. I strongly suspect it was done by a ginger haired guy with big ears.

:)

In seriousness, just dug this up from when mine fell off. Might not be a great help but

it's always handy to have a few photos more.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...c=16200&hl=

• 3 weeks later...