Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
replacing my bushing with poly bushing - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

replacing my bushing with poly bushing

I'll second and third that. Be amazed at the difference in change of direction and the precision in the handling. But you will need a 10 ton hydraulic press, no ifs no buts, I saw 8 tons before mine poped.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi, I'm planning to replace the bushes too. I found the part number for the Lotus kit for the rear suspension. Is there also also a kit for the front suspension? I saw bibs mention a full kit, is that already available?

Erik

Hi Erik

I seem to remember having ALL the part numbers in a list somewhere I'll have a dig around.

Found them!

You'll have to check the parts manual to ensure they are the correct cross match items.

Front Upper W/Bone LOTAC05453 (4 per car) replaces X036C6004Z

Front Lower W/Bone (Pivot) LOTAC05454 (2 per car) replaces A075C6000Z

Front Lower W/Bone LOTAC05459 (2 per car) - same bush as rear - replaces A082D4084F

Front Lower W/Bone (Conical) LOTAC05458 - for later cars replaces A082C4250F

ARB Clamp LOTAC 05456 (2 per car) replaces A082C4232F

ARB End LOTAC05455 (2 per car) replaces A082C6040F

Radius Arm LOTAC 05457 replaces P525.3103.600F

Just noticed the rear upper & lower link bushes are not listed on there, but you said you've already got those numbers so you should be fine

Chunky Lover

I would recomend you replace the ARB bushes as well while you're about it, makes a world of difference. :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The SJ part number is:-

A089C6088F

You need a press ti fit them.