Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Replacement Fuel injectors - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Replacement Fuel injectors

abrussich

I had replaced my 89 Turbo Esprit stock injectors with a set of flowed 400cfm injectors from Five-O Motorsports, in August of '05'. Recently I noticed that I was getting gas leakage at the injectors. Without going into all the details and tribulations of what went into fixing the problem, my question is, has anyone else replaced their OEM injectors with an aftermarket variety and experienced any problems with them? Has anyone with a similar vintage model replaced the injectors with ones from an X180?

Any discussion in this regard would be most welcome.

Edited by abrussich

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I changed mine for Bosch injectors recently and mine leaked a bit around the fuel rail.

It was because I installed them without oiling the 'O' Rings as the manual says to do, so I whipped them out, and did as it said and now ther is no leaks.

I guess installing them dry will twist or pinch the 'O' Ring and cause it to leak a bit.

Hope this helps,

Jason.

S4s.

I had replaced my 89 Turbo Esprit stock injectors with a set of flowed 400cfm injectors from Five-O Motorsports, in August of '05'. Recently I noticed that I was getting gas leakage at the injectors. Without going into all the details and tribulations of what went into fixing the problem, my question is, has anyone else replaced their OEM injectors with an aftermarket variety and experienced any problems with them? Has anyone with a similar vintage model replaced the injectors with ones from an X180?

Any discussion in this regard would be most welcome.

Al,

I replaced all 6 of my SE's injectors with the Five-O BOSCH injectors (I think I was the first to order from them).

I have had no leaking problems.

Did you use new o-rings? They come from any corvette or camaro with the Lt1-lt5 & LS1, also from a Dodge Daytona -charger. You can buy the 14mm o-rings at any autoparts store.

Did you put fresh engine oil on the o-rings to lube them in? Otherwise the o-rings can be cut while sliding them in.

Is your rail, securely bolted down? If you have a leak from the body of the injector, call Bruce at Five-O and ask for a replacement, and always let him know its for a Lotus.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

changed all of my injectors by five o injectors (bosch) and have no problems at all.

I just put them in and did not oil them.

gr Rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

• 3 weeks later...

On the Turbo SE, anyone know if all 6 injectors operate at the same pressure?

Getting mine cleaned soon and don't know if secondary injectors are same as primary one.

Ta.

Jason

Land Rover Discovery II & waiting on next Esprit