Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Not Happy........ - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Not Happy........

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speeding I would guess! :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Looking closer, the one held in your left hand (our rhs) looks to be a speeding infringement. Saw one just recently myself, but got away with a "Speed Awareness course".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
Looks like a VW Golf to me! :D:):)

Well done Dell!

It's a summons to appear before the judge @ 10.00 am this Friday.

105.29 in a 70. In a 2-Eleven, Sunday 28/10/07 @ 6.45 am on a deserted and dry road.

I shall grovel and not protest, offer to do the course, go suited and booted and look very sorry.

Expecting the worst so we'll see how it goes.

Cheers,

Scott.

Bugger! You need to show that you need your licence for your job. Did I say Bugger?

Good luck mate.

That will work as mitigation to reduce the sentence passed I think, it's not always a ban over 100 nowadays so good luck! Some evidence of your advanced driving qualifications can assist too as they show that you're not just blasting about without knowledge of how to handle the car/speed. A great website for advice is http://www.pepipoo.com

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It's a summons to appear before the judge @ 10.00 am this Friday.

Hope all goes as well as possible - seems to depend as much on how good a night's sleep/dinner the judge got as on your attitude and the facts of the offence.

Your previous clean licence plus looking suitably remorseful should help - and remember you get a reduction in tariff for pleading guilty and not requiring Police witnesses to appear.

Let us all know how it turns out. Best of luck.

D

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

No ban - fine and points.

I'm sure he'll be along later cool.gif

That's good news. He took me for a run in his 2-Eleven last night in case he was not able to use it for a while. I don't need to say anything to those of you with 2-Elevens as to how fast they go (and stop!)

• Gold FFM

Was caught October 28th, 6.42 am on a sunday morning in GJZ - the factory demo. The Mirrors gave up after 60MPH, and could not be adjusted from inside the car, with hindsight I should have pulled over, removed the toolkit , adjusted and tightned them.

The summons arrived with 5 days to go before the 6 month NIP expiry, which made me pretty furious, as December would have been a great time to get a ban - May certainly not!

Friday morning, I polished my brogues, found the whistle an' flute and managed to get to the courthouse an hour early, without excessive speed. Stood in the glass box and waited for the magistrates.

First one scared the living daylights out of me, but the charges were read, I hung my head and offered no justification for my actions, put my hands up and apologised again and again.

The idea for those came about beacuse the Bond producers were sick of parking tickets etc back in the 60s, these days with their requirement to hit quotas which means that drunk drivers escape cos they are consentrating on the easy target of parking fines and speeding offences it is about time that we had a line in quick changing plates.

I suggest that in the true spirit of performance through light weight it, revolving plates would be to complex and weighty. I suggest your normal plates be attached with velcro and you keep a backup set, with the number of your nearest beloved speed trap van on them, for use when going long distances. :D

(Please note, some of the above is actually a joke but the targetting of motorist for parking and speed is not)

I suggest that in the true spirit of performance through light weight it, revolving plates would be to complex and weighty. I suggest your normal plates be attached with velcro and you keep a backup set, with the number of your nearest beloved speed trap van on them, for use when going long distances. :)

But that would mean having to stop, get out etc - and where would you keep the spare set on a 2-Eleven :D

Much better to have an LCD panel that will display any combination of numbers/letters along with a keypad to select from, say, 8 pre-programmed registrations.

The high tech version would include a link to a ANPR system and put the reg of the speed trap van on your plate for them to photograph - now that would be fun.

At least this explains why Scott used velcro to put my front number plate on - now where are those spare plates :)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Didn't some guys do that, clone a scamera van plates then proceed to speed past it, back and forth all day?

Surely a hologram where it looks fine from straight on then changes to a different plate from an angle (ie where the camera is located at the side of the road) would work. If you got pulled over the Police would just keep staring at it wondering about the magic!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Nah, they'd lock you up. It's just a shame that they don't take other, more important crimes, as seriously as they do speeding and road offences. If they put the money into Stopping street brawling that they do on speeding it would stop overnight and they'd have millions left! :D

The version I heard was that a car was photographed by a van and they saw the flash. The car came back around and whilst some of the people from it talked to the van operator others remove the rear plate. When out of view said plate was put on the car which then went through the camera at speed enough times to warrant 12+ points. Whether it is true or not, would have been poetic justice!