Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2-Eleven / B&C Track Day - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2-Eleven / B&C Track Day

scott

• Gold FFM

Evening all.

Dates for the diary. Sunday, September 14th Lotus Cars are holding their 60th Celebration Open Day; have a look at www.lotus60thanniversary.com

I'm sure Bibs is arranging various Esprit & 2-Eleven things for that weekend, but we thought that we'd book a full day at Snetterton for the Monday afterwards; this gives us an opportunity to get as many 2-Elevens out on circuit - wouldn't it be great to see as many of the UK supplied 2-Elevens on track together? Would look really something!

The circuit is booked for Monday 15th September and we have 57 places to fill for a whole day's driving @

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott.

We've fully booked the whole of Dunston Hall from Friday through to Monday. LEF and Bibs are having a full afternoon on Saturday, raising money for charity with a massive convot to Lowestoft. we have a 250 place car park booked with the local council and Radio Broadland will be supporting the event with music etc.

After a bite to eat it'll be a Hoon back to the factory for a BBQ and Eagle session.

so anyone who's interested, Bibs will post up the details here after he's finished arranging Hotel discounts etc.

Would be cool if the 60 Esprits who'll be travelling back on the Monday could stop over and get a bacon sarnie whilst watching the fun on track.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

This is shaping up up to be a weekend!

Just noticed our "No.1" man reading this thread, and apologies - but the day IS open to all 2-Eleven's - not just the ones in the UK!

Ref the Esprits and a sarnie, absolutely! I reckon we should simply pack Norfolk with examples of our product, past and present for this weekend. I'll bring my old girl - she even managed a lap of Hethel - even though she was trailered there and back ( through choice, just in case anyone starts to take the p*ss!). I was also describing the car - not my other half.......

post-4-1212432696_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Scott.

GavinP - your names down, you can come in.

Who else?.........got to be another 25 or so 2-Eleven's.

ATB

Scot.

I wouldn't mind a blip round the track Scott. Do I get to pull some favours in??? :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

AS A REMINDER! Think we are all due some fun.............

post-4-1218567952_thumb.jpg

Numbers please - drop me an email or give me a bell , 01483 281000 - swalker@bellandcolvillplc.co.uk

ATB

Scott.

I wouldn't mind a blip round the track Scott. Do I get to pull some favours in??? ;)

Brown or Red sauce on the sani?

Sure we can sort something out. PAX rides, hot lap demos - whatever we can do on the day.

ATB

Scott.

Would be rude to refuse - although I can only make the Monday.

Planning on bringing the trailer (I almost froze to death the last time I drove back from Snetterton!) so that others can eye the "caravan" with envy, and maybe queue behind me on track as well ;)

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

Would be rude to refuse - although I can only make the Monday.

Planning on bringing the trailer (I almost froze to death the last time I drove back from Snetterton!) so that others can eye the "caravan" with envy, and maybe queue behind me on track as well :blink:

I take it you intend taking the caravan on the track Del. :P Just make certain I don't hold me up ;)

P

• Gold FFM
Scott

Do you still have places left? Bit of a hike for me, 1000 miles +.

Cheers

Scotty C

Scotty,

That's why you should make a holiday of it! Saturday with LEF'ers, Sunday @ Hethel, Track Event Monday.....besides, they go better with miles on them........

Still got places.

Would be great to get as many 2-Elevens together as is possible.

Cheers!

Scott.

I take it you intend taking the caravan on the track Del. :P Just make certain I don't hold me up ;)

P

I wasn't sure that everybody could handle being overtaken by a caravan, especially round the corners, but am reassured by your post !

It is possible that I will circulate in a "mobile chicane" manner whilst you racers show me how it is done. I believe there may be a separate session for the "seniors", from which I am precluded participation on the basis my my tender age :blink:

I believe there may be a separate session for the "seniors", from which I am precluded participation on the basis my my tender age :P

At least us "seniors" get special parking consideration so we don't have to walk so far. We could also use your caravan as a mobile resuscitation unit as well ;) .

Yes, I understand that there are a number of spaces for the mobility challenged - presumably you use some kind of modified engine hoist to lift you in and out of the car ;)

I think you may be setting your expectations a little high for the facilities of the trailer - as long as you only need 12v to get you restarted, it should cope !

I have got an odd vibration above about 75mph and I think the tyres have gone off.

Just thought I would start with the excuses for my poor performance on the day. Given the pedigree of the people signing up, looks like I am going to be spending a lot of time looking in my mirrors at the queue waiting to get past - and not just when I am towing the trailer ;)

I have got an odd vibration above about 75mph and I think the tyres have gone off.

Just thought I would start with the excuses for my poor performance on the day. Given the pedigree of the people signing up, looks like I am going to be spending a lot of time looking in my mirrors at the queue waiting to get past - and not just when I am towing the trailer :(

Don't forget also to add the rev limiter cuts in at 4,000 rpm and the gear knob keeps comming off in your hands ;)

• 2 weeks later...