Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back in Black..( & Gold) - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back in Black..( & Gold)

• Gold FFM

Finished it finally. After telling 'er indoors that I'd sold No.21, she asked how I was going to sensibly invest the money. I told her I'd do it again........

Build No.211

SVA

Supercharger Pack ( 260 )

Sport Pack

Phantom Black

Black Leather Sports Seats

300mm Alcantara Momo Q/R wheel.

Stage 1 silencer

AP big brakes

Towing Eyes

Polished Intercooler Pipes

Extinguisher

Lotus Sport Forged Wheels

As the car was based on Emerson's Type 72/5, things fell into place very easily, I had the design done by the third rendering, and looked .

Thanks must go to Clive Chapman for his input and supplying the nosebadge. To Paul Banham who worked over Christmas supplying the correct fonts, texts and colours for all the graphics, and the fitting. To Nick Adams and the team at Lotus Sport & manufacturing for conceiving the car in the first place, and for building it. To Lotus Sales & Marketing for putting up with calls asking how it was getting on. To Rimstock and Classic Capsule for the Wheel centres. Bibs for the idea - ( saying I could do it became saying I would do it! ). To Armourfend for not scratching it whilst fitting the film. To Corgi for the model I had as a kid, and to whomever it was who thought that a Black & Gold fag packet would look cool..........

post-4-1231523729_thumb.jpg

Glad to be back.

ATB

Scott.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Embassy No.1's - Cool. Very Seventies.

That has seriously got me thinking......Aspen White, bit of Bordeaux Red here, some Ardent Red striping there........................

Scott.

• Gold FFM

Bibs - as well as lens man, please may I appoint you as Head of Security?

My chariot is overshadowed by a fantastic display from Classic Team Lotus that include:

Senna's 97T - under 500 kilos and over 1000BHP - in the wet!

THE most beautiful Type 25 - R4........say no more

Ronnies stunning and original Type 72......almost brought a tear.

49 R10 - driven by everybody who was.........

There's a great selection of clothing. merchandising and you can walk through the new race transporter - spot ACBC's famous hat in the truck, very amusing. Best stand there - emotional overload when you think who worked the tillers of the cars there........

Anyone going - enjoy

ATB

Scott.

Still great pics Bibs, wish you hadn't taken them though, I'll never look at my car in the same way again :blink:

Scott, all you need to do is get a matching steering wheel horn push.

Paul

Edited by pgn340r

Scott - very nice car. I liked the sound of it when you first spoke of it and it looks fabulous in the execution. Looks like my shopping list for 2009 is going to have to include a new paint and decal job and (oh no) even more wheels.

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

• Gold FFM
Scott - very nice car. I liked the sound of it when you first spoke of it and it looks fabulous in the execution. Looks like my shopping list for 2009 is going to have to include a new paint and decal job and (oh no) even more wheels.

Talk to me Del...you know I take part exchange! Not on this one, but I have to say, 2-Eleven is an easy car to repaint - Lotus have such a fantastic racing heritage with a myriad of schemes; detail is EVERYTHING however.

Happy to do "replicants" or any other scheme.......always nice to provide a client with a car personal to their choice and this can be done retro.

Right then, who's up for the Indy / STP "Rocket Red"...?

Thanks to all for the nice comments - I did it for me, the way I wanted it. Nice to hear positives however. Cheers!

ATB,

Scott.

Talk to me Del...you know I take part exchange! Not on this one, but I have to say, 2-Eleven is an easy car to repaint - Lotus have such a fantastic racing heritage with a myriad of schemes; detail is EVERYTHING however.

Happy to do "replicants" or any other scheme.......always nice to provide a client with a car personal to their choice and this can be done retro.

Right then, who's up for the Indy / STP "Rocket Red"...?

Thanks to all for the nice comments - I did it for me, the way I wanted it. Nice to hear positives however. Cheers!

ATB,

Scott.

Nice,

But not really special enough paintwork wise to warrant a repaint. Any other suggestion?

Paul

Scott,

WOW! As a die-hard fan of the launch edition colour scheme - who keeps saying he hasn't seen anything to touch it - I think your new JP Special is fantastic. Glad to read you are so obviously delighted with it.

Also noticed the build no. - 2-eleven - makes me think you have friends in high places, but we knew that already ...

Andrew :blink:

Was not planning on buying a whole new track car just yet (after all this one is barely run in) but defo getting ready for an update. Will call in at B&C soon to discuss options so I can be ready for the 2009 season. Hmmmm black and gold ....

Saving up for a sequential gearbox

• 2 weeks later...