Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Honda powered 2-11 - Page 4 - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Honda powered 2-11

Scotty C

Ready to go Scott ??

New of the 211R : ..... hum hum .........................................not ready :)

A stupid problem with the chargecooler, 2 weeks lost :bounce:

2 days orderered at Val de Vienne on 6 and 7th of july : it will be short ...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about. I was askingabout your car with My contact. I believe scuffam is holding the job up. Maidstone could have done the work in 2-3 weeks. Are we going tower up next week.

Here for a good time, not a long time

SADEV is cheapper than my conversion because 380 HP need some modifications on the car.

Just noticed this - sadev in the uk is 18k gbp and your conversion is more. Whoa - the price of blazing the trail I guess. I'd hope that future conversions would be cheaper and quicker though as at that price I think I'd go for the sadev

An other hand, you can't just fit the SADEV because the forces generated on the drive train would create other weaknesses.

I think the price with reliability is the same (but not sure)

I'd hope that future conversions would be cheaper and :) quicker :bounce: though as at that price I think I'd go for the sadev

- quicker : you are kidding me :rofl: seriously, I hope for the following guys , it's hard for me to wait and harder because I don't speak good english.

- your choice for a SADEV is rational and more logical (is it road legal even in UK ?) and you have the pleasure of a real race gearbox

I'm sorry about my ignorance but who is S. Scuffam ?

Simon Scuffham is the chap who developed the Honda "Link Up" conversion kit and works closely with the guys at MSC - according to a post of his on Pistonheads, the reason for the delay on your car is because he has been out of the country a lot this year.

Guessing 2.0 or 2.4 ford duratec.

I doubt te sadev would be road legal but I don't think it would be checked. More likely that it's be too painful to drive on the road for any distance! And the rebuilds would happen that much sooner.

Edika- if you speak half as good English as you write I'm sure it's better than some native speakers :wine:

Yes !

The engine is OK. Handling OK. Seems to be amazing according the driver who made the tests.

But there is still a big problem of fuel surge despite the Pro Alloy tank.

The car should be ready in 3 weeks.

I should drive it at Haute Saintonge the 1 and 2 of august.

Several month ago, I had understood that Andrew would fit a swirl pot. You learn me at the moment how to call it in english :rolleyes: . Up to now I called that "a very little tank between the fuel tank and the engine :P" )

Because of my poor spoken english, I have not succeed in understanding if he has fit one or not.

Thanks for this vocabulary !

It's funny to see that even in french, there is no word for this tank. We call it "boite tampon". You could translate in "buffer box" dry.gif

OK guys, I leave in Hollydays tomorow. Let's hope that I will be the owner of the most dangerous 211 when I will be back in 3 weeks :rolleyes: Even if Andrew Marsh explain me the car is so perfect that I will be driving miss Daisy ...

• 3 weeks later...

This may be old news, but don't recall seeing it posted on this forum ...... FYI .....

http://www.lotustalk...ng-gears-90065/

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

I run 150 mi saturday. The weather was fine : a lot of sun and very hot (a bit too much).

Very impressive :D !! It's exactly the car I wanted.

In the point of view of the engine : you have power everywere. It's not brutal but it never stop. Gearbox is perfect.

About the handling : very good job ! Easy to turn, easy to put the power at the end of corners. Nothing dangerous. There is a lot of grip. The better way to go out of corners is full throttle :horse:

I can't say the limit because it's the first time I use it but seems to be far.

Good job Andrew :)

• 2 weeks later...