Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Crystal Cove meet 1/28/06 - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Crystal Cove meet 1/28/06

JRTurbo909

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah... my Friday evening activities sometimes preclude me from wanting to get up so early, but it's worth it.

You don't know how bad traffic gets later in the afternoon :)

People always seem to think I'm middle eastern, but "funny looking mexican" is something I've been called to my face twice

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Yeah i agree. Traffic in SoCal in the afternoon is pretty irritating. I think that this early in the morning is the only way to get all those rare and expensive cars together. Who would want to be stuck in stop-and-go on the 91 freeway in an F40. :) Not my idea of a good time. I would like to go out more often but cant sacrifice all my Friday night since between work and grad school, they have become quite necessary.

Of course, I will be more than willing to give up my Fri night to meet up with some fellow Lotus conisours ( :) i think thats spelled wrong) the next morning...

Shah

Edited by JRTurbo909

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif

Count me in for the next one whether my Lotus is capable of the trip or not. I'd be happy to go along as a spectator as it looks like an incredible event. Well worth getting up early for. (I'm old and don't do anything on a Friday night.)

Having said that, I can't make the first Saturday in March.

Great pictures and both Slade's and Shah's cars will put mine to shame. I like to class it as "original" with a nice "patina." Easier and cheaper than a respray and re-trim.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Trev, what you don't understand is that my Esprit just photographs well for some reason. :lol: Apparently even to the point of repelling dirt from photographs taken of it :lol: My car is a truly a 10 footer, just like something else on my person :lol:

Anyways, hmm... I'm up for almost any time, but how does February 11th sound to everyone? I might even get up early so I can have a chance at getting past the bouncer :D We need more esprit recommendation in the show area, rather than having us just look like outcasts in the parking lot.

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Slade, your car looks much better than you make it out to be. We should definately head out there as soon as everyone can make it. The only weekend that Im booked on is feb 17-19 (going to vegas! :D ). We can even push it to the second weekend in March if that the soonest Trevor can make it.

Trevor, you should definately try to bring your car out, it would be nice to have another S2 tag along (especially the good ol' JPS! :lol: ). If you dont think it can make it, let me know. I have an open passenger seat and could use the company on the drive down...

..... what about you SoCal Stevens guys. Maybe we can try to get the Club Lotus LA and the South Coast Club involved... Anyone wanna plan something? We should meet down the street somewhere so we can all park together. Just gotta get to the lot by :lol: 6:30!! :lol:

Shah

All this now probably warrants a new thread.

Agreed it would be very nice if Trev thinks his car will be roadworthy soon we ought to wait a bit longer for that.

If not I can clear all the dead hookers out of my trunk and make room for Trev :lol:

slade

Agreed it would be very nice if Trev thinks his car will be roadworthy soon we ought to wait a bit longer for that.

If not I can clear all the dead hookers out of my trunk and make room for Trev :lol:

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha. yeah it would be better if we could get some feedback from the other groups and try to plan something bigger so that we can have a large Lotus attendance...

...Dont let the post die...

Shah

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to ride in the trunk? :lol:

I expect to get my registratin tags next week and then I would like to run the car a bit to check out it's reliability before setting off on a 120 mile trip down the Los Angeles freeways. So the second week in March sounds perfect. Nearer the date, I will know if I wil be Lotus bound or in Slade's trunk.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

So the second week in March sounds perfect.  Nearer the date, I will know if I wil be Lotus bound or in Slade's trunk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*jots it down tentatively*

anyone have connections to the other socal lotus groups and wanna get the word out for Crystal Cove March 11 Lotus Extravaganza?

Shah

bound... in Slade's trunk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't mind if I do :P

March 11th is a great idea... Look at what we can head to right after. Its just down the road a bit...

post-764-1138896019.jpg

Sparco USA

1852 Kaiser Ave.

Irvine, CA 92614

spread the word...

Shah

Edited by JRTurbo909

Recommend all the California folks attend the 2006 West Coast Lotus event - see

http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...?showtopic=2973

There will be a convoy leaving LA/OC to the central coast and anyone is welcome to join

Paul

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Recommend all the California folks attend the 2006 West Coast Lotus event - see

http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...?showtopic=2973

There will be a convoy leaving LA/OC to the central coast and anyone is welcome to join 

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul,

would you be heading up on this convoy? I am very interested in attending...

Shah

I certainly am! Lets take the discussion to the 2006 log thread ....

Paul,

would you be heading up on this convoy? I am very interested in attending...

Shah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!