Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's arrived - Starlight Black Evora - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's arrived - Starlight Black Evora

bolly girl

Oh dear..... sorry to hear that but with lots of sympathy. :P Any lasting damage?

Mental note for the future. Don't keep remote in pocket - not that I do normally. BTW have you got the internal buttons working on the remote doors yet?

That is the time a good wife takes the children and vanish out of sight and don't ask stupid questons that don't need asking :lol: I have plenty sympathy as I did something very similar a few years ago when rushing to head off to airport for 4 weeks away managed to misjudge garage door frame and wiped front nearside wing on Porsche right along it. If I hadn't been rushing I wouldn't have worn my reading glasses..... Journey to airport was rather terse. :)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully no lasting damage.

He managed to polish out the 'scuffs' it made as it bounced off the bonnet - I can laugh now but when he told me...

Yes, have programmed in the internal car remote to open doors, and will be setting a thread running soon on 'numpty' and 'not so numpty' Q&A for current owners

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

Good grief is nothing private :):P

I'm surprised the neighbours didn't call the police, as the door was coming down I was furiously rummaging around in my trouser pocket, getting all hot and bothered trying to find the remote :lol: :lol: :lol:

The door luckily rebounds automatically, so just a few minor scratches, T-cut out no problem.

Ohhh how Mrs Senior laughed when I told her, very similar face to when I drove into her car last year :lol:

Yes I can imagine the 'conversation' quite vividly. :P

Not sure my doors would only leave polish out scuffs as the rebound pressure I have always thought was quite high. Lucky you.

Thanks for sharing your 'domestic' as a lesson to the rest of us :lol::lol: & to give us a chuckle at somebody elses expense in that "there but for the grace of god go I" way.

Roll on Friday for mine. Can't wait after reading your, Matt's and Andrew's comments. This is going to be the slowest journey home from Brazil for sure. I should get home Thursday evening 21:00 or so if helicopters and 3 planes all fly on schedule. Collect car 10:00 Friday. :)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Great news Al - this will be a long week for you !!!

I'm driving up to Stratton's on Wednesday for the 1,000 mile service after which point the manual says I can 'use the car to it's full potential'.......wonder what that means :lol:

I drove up to Leeds and back on Saturday....about a 420 mile round trip - all Motorway again and lots of roadworks....but that gave me plenty of chances to leave the 50mph zones and accelerate to the national speed limit - very pleasant in 2nd gear.

Lots and Lots of looks from people in other cars - although I guess that's one view I'm unlikely to see much - wonder what the car looks like in your rear view mirror or sliding past as it overtakes and heads off into the distance... :lol: ?

And Senior - you're not alone in the accident stakes - I've kerbed my leaft rear wheel whilst parking - it's a pretty common sight where I live to be honest but I never did it in my Elise - very annoying :):P . If anyone else has a lot of parallel parking to do then good luck...

Bollards to that one.

By that I mean taking it to the local Tesco car park and practising with bollards, or bearing in mind the previous post, Mr Seniors legs. :)

Al - Enjoy, and don't forget to book a facial massage - the perma cheesy grin does make the muscles ache after a while

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08