Frustrated - Page 2 - 2-Eleven Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Frustrated

stephanie plum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gearbox is a very slick bit of kit indeed. Unfortunately with anything like that comes the high price tag with it.. :P

On the track is where it belongs and really shows you its worth, but for the road - No thank you!

The clutch they use with the kit is extremely heavy and literally has an 'on-off' biting point to go with it. Very difficult to get moving in any circumstance and my usual 'good get away' at the lights has got up and gone!! They say 6k and drop it but that just doesn't sound like it would feel right to me :wince:

Thankfully next years racing is 50/50 split between rolling and standing starts!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you taken many driving courses? Alain de Cadenet took me around the Goodwood circuit in my 2-Eleven and we were close to an indicated 140MPH and I weigh 100KG.

He is a great driver and it was amazing to watch him effortlessly drive the car at that speed.

I took the Skip Barber 3 day formula race school at Laguna Seca and it was amazing, my driving improved considerably after that. I am going back in 2010 for the 2 day follow on course.

I am sure they have something similar in the UK.

http://skipbarber.com/racing_school/formula/three_day_racing.aspx

Edited by Patricko

Hi Patrick

If Skip Barber came over to the UK I'd be on one of his courses - I remember Bobby Bell waxing lyrical about him. I have had a fair amount of instruction now, but will never be a racing driver - and don't want to be tbh. My belief is that to get the car to that speed you do have to be a superb driver - I, like most people, need to cheat!

Hi Patrick

If Skip Barber came over to the UK I'd be on one of his courses - I remember Bobby Bell waxing lyrical about him. I have had a fair amount of instruction now, but will never be a racing driver - and don't want to be tbh. My belief is that to get the car to that speed you do have to be a superb driver - I, like most people, need to cheat!

I think it would be easier for you to fly to San Francisco :)

The Laguna Seca track is amazing :blink: Old airfields are nice but a bit one dimensional, elevation change is where it is at :cry:

Dropping into the corkscrew is amazing.

TrackDay_promo_610x406.jpg

You can't even see the corner at the point you have to commit, you aim at the top of a tree :)

I am going to take the 2 day formula follow up course next year sometime.

Edited by Patricko

Patrick is correct .... you will have a blast and while you're in Northern California, do both Laguna with Skip Barber and then do Infineon (Sears Point) with Jim Russell, both great schools and world famous tracks .....

First this ...corkscrew5.jpg

And then this .....KG4R9437.jpg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion