Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bloody Head Gasket! - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bloody Head Gasket!

Artie

Art,

Glad to see your dramas did not keep the beast off the road for to long and good luck on putting the engine back in, Looking forward to the pics and up dates,

Regards danny

A

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Mates, busy day indeed. I was child free for the entire day so I got to play all day long. Engine is resting back nicely in her cradle! I need to install the half shafts tomorrow, then I can put in the boot floor, hook up the remaining harness connections and fill er up with fluids! Should have her fired up and ready to roll by tomorrow evening! I took some pics but I'm a little tired to post them up now after a marathon day.....and a few pints along the way! Cheers mates, back on the road soon! Just in time for 5-7 inches more snow tomorrow night! SUMMER, Where are you??????????????????????????????

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Well the engine is installed and everything is ready to run. I decided to redo all the A/C components while I had everything out of the car. I have part numbers for the drier/accumulator and the expansion valve. I flushed the lines and evaporator and condensor. New orings to be installed, I'm waiting for one least fitting from JAE and I'll recharge. I will start the engine once it's all back together!

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm

Hi Olaf,

Are you saying the liner nip wasn't in spec? And if so, is it thought to be that way from the factory or just changed over time for some reason?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi,

as my engine only had 25 TKM on it Steffen at R&B thought it to be ex factory that way. Could not tell you if it evolved or not...

Is all fine now.

cheers,

Olaf

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Well, made the maiden trek last evening amidst some misting snow and rain. All drives well and seems to be running quite nicely! I readjusted the throttle cable and put new rod ends on the translator and now I can get reverse every time! Wow, this stuff sure gets nasty in no time! I just had the engine out last year for a full rebuild but things seem to have gone dodgy under the car since! I had several clamps missing from hoses. There were several bolts that had gotten rusty and nasty looking, so I replaced many with new cadmium plated bolts and hardware! I also had several brackets powdercoated to prevent that rusty feeling again too! Thanks for all the advice mates and would say pulling the engine was a much less treacherous way to do the head gasket, it also gave me some access to address a few things I had been putting off since the install last year! Cheers! Pics and video on the road coming soon!

89 White Esprit SE

93 RX7.....Silverstone

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm