Donington March 18/19

Backmarker

toplogo.gifSUNDAY 19TH MARCH Donnington-merge-small.jpg

Is anything planned ? Dates/times/hoons etc

Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Esprit crowd typically go on the sunday. (saturday the M100 guys)

People meet up all over the country and make for donny to meet in the carpark.

The lotus only carpark fills up each year so it's worth getting out of bed early to

be with everyone else as the carpark tends to be as much of an attraction to us

as the show inside.

At some point of the day, probably around 12, it is arranged we all meet at Katos

Esprit for a photo and a chance to put names to faces, settle online disputes etc.

:)

Donny is always pretty cold. :)

The Esprit crowd typically go on the sunday. (saturday the M100 guys)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad you mentioned that one Paul - I'm gonna fly over for the weekend, stay in Stratford, and drive up to Donny for one of the two days. Was gonna be Saturday, as I have to head back to Heathrow on Sunday... but if all the Esprit guys are there on Sunday, I'll have to change the plan :)

Rob S

Glad you mentioned that one Paul - I'm gonna fly over for the weekend, stay in Stratford, and drive up to Donny for one of the two days. Was gonna be Saturday, as I have to head back to Heathrow on Sunday... but if all the Esprit guys are there on Sunday, I'll have to change the plan  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will personally make sure you get to meet everyone at Donny.

It still annoys me that i did not arrange a group meet at stoneliegh

at a given time, that you made it there but missed us was a shame.

Not this time :)

Don't worry, I'll be there both days. If you want to visit sat or sun or both days, I'll look after you!

Glad you mentioned that one Paul - I'm gonna fly over for the weekend, stay in Stratford, and drive up to Donny for one of the two days. Was gonna be Saturday, as I have to head back to Heathrow on Sunday... but if all the Esprit guys are there on Sunday, I'll have to change the plan  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only live a few miles away from donnington :) , so if any of you fancy an early morning coffee and a bacon sarny you,re more than welcome. Perhaps arrange a pre meet, no problem with off road parking.

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

OK OK OK, so what is the final plan? SUNDAY sounds firm, so where do we meet? Lisa has made a very kind offer although how much off road parking do you actually have? (remember Stoneleigh!)

If not at Lisa's where else and at what time, just as before MIKE and any other Surrey area bods fancy doing an on mass hoon up to donni?

[Lisa has made a very kind offer although how much off road parking do you actually have? (remember Stoneleigh!)

"Er" three acres do you??????????????????, flat grass, security excellent, enclosed behind 12 ft high hedges, big dog in compound who barks his head off if anyone comes within 1/2 a mile of place. Did think of saturday over night camping, evening barbecue kinda thing , but think it may be a bit cold :) .

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

[Lisa has made a very kind offer although how much off road parking do you actually have? (remember Stoneleigh!)

"Er" three acres do you??????????????????, flat grass, security excellent, enclosed behind 12 ft high hedges, big dog in compound who barks his head off if anyone comes within 1/2 a mile of place. Did think of saturday over night camping, evening barbecue kinda thing , but think it may be a bit cold :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How cool would that be!!

Although we'd all be minging and well hung over and feel more like throwing up that going to the show!!! Or just carry on drinking!!!

Chunky Lover

Usual plan for Sunday! Get there early before the car park fills up. Meet at LEW's Black SE at Midday for everyone to put names to faces!

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EPictures/donington05.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What time is early then Kato ?

Presume we each pre-book our entry tickets. A convoy trying to pay at the gate on the day could be a problem. Is there going to be a designated Esprit parking area (Paul with sticky tape ?) or is it everyman/woman for him/herself.

I'm only 40 mins from Donington, but if there's a hoon I'll fit in with others. Lisa's bacon butties sound tempting too.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

What time is early then Kato ?

Presume we each pre-book our entry tickets. A convoy trying to pay at the gate on the day could be a problem. Is there going to be a designated Esprit parking area (Paul with sticky tape ?) or is it everyman/woman for him/herself.

You just drive in and park. Show opens at ten and lotus only carpark

tends to be pretty full from this time onwards. it's a big open carpark

so marking bits off for esprits only is a bit off, and a bit hard to do. just

get there nice and early from 9.00 onwards.

The show you pay to go in at the door, i never prebook and always spend

much more time in the carpark anyway!

Personally, once i've got to donny i'll drive straight in, as it would be a bit

silly to arrange to 'meet at the gate' while spaces fill up, when you could

have met in the carpark instead.

Paul,

There are loads of bits of parking at Donington. Is it obvious for us new recruits just where it is we've got to go. Wouldn't like to be waiting for everyone on the wrong car park. By the sound of things, access to the car park is free, its the Exhibition centre that costs money.

Graham.

Paul,

There are loads of bits of parking at Donington. Is it obvious for us new recruits just where it is we've got to go. Wouldn't like to be waiting for everyone on the wrong car park. By the sound of things, access to the car park is free, its the Exhibition centre that costs money.

Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Park here!

This is a merge of the whole carpark last year, with a few people

appearing twice!!!! (click right hand bottom of pic to make it huge)

Park here!

This is a merge of the whole carpark last year, with a few people

appearing twice!!!! (click right hand bottom of pic to make it huge)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dammit! You made me drool all over my computer with that picture! wub.gif I'll be useless for the rest of the day, now :o:):(:(

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I think i might like to pop my cherry at this one - i heard i might be able to get a few of the missing badges for my SE?

Lisa's offer is very tempting :)

Danielson - if i do go i am coming from Surrey so only seems right to hook up - but i want to get there early! I will get lost and may appear to be driving slowly! :o

Anyone else?

What was the date again?

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Guys...

Normally what happens is that Regional Convoys are arranged for groups heading from different directions.

Newport Pagnell Services on the M1, just after Jn14 (Nr Milton Keynes) has traditionally been a popular one as it makes a good congregation point for those coming from Essex, Bedfordshire, London, Sussex etc Sometimes Oxfordshire guys wander over (but it's a bit out of their way) but if there are enough of us then it's worth their while....

So we will be aiming to get to Donny before 10 - probs 9:30? (Paul C - can you offer arrival times advice?) I shall work out how much time to allow for travelling and will then start a separate "Newport Pagnell Meet" thread. (So don't post here saying you're coming - YET - wait until I've started the new thread :angry: )

Map

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Me and Alan Croft will be on PNM stand with our cars. Come and say hello or a chat or a quick cuppa!

Don't worry I won't try to sell you anything! Iam not on any commission, just have my car there, all warm and dry!

I will be designing and organising the stand this year on the usual shoe string budget, so please no heckling. Any constructive critisism would be welcome though.

Edited by superdavelotus

well i will be there both days, as like lisa i only live down the road from donny, which car i will be in, i have yet to decide, as the gt3 is not looking good with no bumper, and i dont think it will be even nearly ready by then. as needs alot more cosmetics and engine work till the new re-style is complete

so i should be there sunday in range or big ass veilside supra esprit killing machine LOLOLOL

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I should be there on Sunday - Not been before, so looking forward to it.

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Rog

last trip out the surry crew consisted of:

Mike (Yellow Beast)

Pit Stop Pete (Silver Weapon of Mondeo destruction)

Me (dan- lil black S3)

We had a good run, we didn't get too silly, my wagon doesnt go over 135 (and I ont like it up there any hoo)

and Pete rarely goes over 170! :) LOL

only kidding, we nip along when its clear and cruise when its not, it was my first time out at Stoneleigh and had a great day, everyone looks after everyone else, including pusihng mine hwen the starter motor packed up!

email me dan_bell@hotmail.co.uk :)

I think i might like to pop my cherry at this one - i heard i might be able to get a few of the missing badges for my SE?

Lisa's offer is very tempting

Edited by danielsonson