Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How Many Lotus Elite Type 75 Survive? - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How Many Lotus Elite Type 75 Survive?

Guest mkelite

Hi Dunc,

Good stuff, it's likely to be a lot of work for you, but work that everyone will benefit from. Let me know if you need the details of my car - if it still counts as an eclat, as most of the eclat bits have been removed(!). I have counted up 9 donor vehicles that have contributed parts so far, eclats, elites and an excel....

By the way for all the "handbags" parts of this thread, I suggest going onto the sniff petrol website:

http://sniffpetrol.com/2012/08/23/asktotalprickfromforum/

made me laugh anyway!

Cheers, Mat.

Of course it still counts as an eclat....

Step 1 is to move all the info that is stored in word documents (1 document per car) into Excel.

Step 2 is to use excel to produce a mailing.

Step 3 is to draft a communication, providing a contact email for submitting registry details and continued participation.

Step 4 is to work out how to host that data within TLF.

Step 5 is to approach the club Lotus Magazine and a few of the Classic Car Mags for some publicity.

D

Hi Dunc, yeah I was just kidding, it still says eclat 1979 on the V5, just 3969 on the cc part.

Cheers, Mat.

PS I think if we can get 3 V8 eclats over the Alps to the Monaco Historic GP that would be a good story for the classic mags.

Step 5 is to approach the club Lotus Magazine and a few of the Classic Car Mags for some publicity.

Try James Elliott as Classic and Sportscar, he's an owner (at the moment) but hates his...... :ouch:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

When your register will be aviable please let me know, as my 501 has its new mot, it's back on the road.

That is really interesting to know how many survivors there are. I also have a contact who's working on an Eclat. I'll tell him.

I'm always surprised when I'm driving this car with other vintage cars owners because I always ear "what's this"?

It's a very unknown car and so I think your register idea and it's public gallery could be really good to save it from the junkyards.

For the publicity you could also ask the parts dealers no?

Edited by korteix

• 6 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Well you guys all have fantastic knowledge of all things Lotus, who can tell me which car won best in show at Castle Combe in either 96 or 97 and better still if any photographs exist.

Cheers.

John.

Edited by johnpwalsh

• 5 months later...

Hi is this topic still going- as owner of WNG56X I'd be pleased to be involved. I can't work out how to insert pictures in here but if anyone wants to see mine its on FlickR at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikec73/sets/72157631940972233/

Like many I suspect  in this topic I share the surprise that such a beautiful car isn't more popular. I fell in love with a gold one at the Kent Motorshow  in Canterbury back in the 70s. Had to wait years before I was in a position to get my own! Having said that the upside is that at least I'm in love with an affordable classic- what if I'd had lifelong devotion to an E type??

Is anyone planning any Elite/Eclat/Excel get togethers?

Mike

• Like 1

Is anyone planning any Elite/Eclat/Excel get togethers?

Mike

There is something in the mix next year for the 40th anniversary of the Elite. It's very early days but it may be at the factory, fingers crossed. It's being organised by LotusExcel.net, but I don't think anyone will mind me mentioning it here, I'm sure there will be a formal announcement nearer the date.

PS your car is looking great, just love your tailored car cover! I have a blue Elite which is going to have to spend another winter outside. Was looking at Halfords jobbies but that one look the nuts!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 2 months later...