Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drive your Lotus in Scotland Day on11th April - Page 2 - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Drive your Lotus in Scotland Day on11th April

Thanks Mark, I will have a look at it as I have been toying with the idea of fitting a new unit to the car.

Edited by bingoking

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Guys as a number of you will know I tried to get a couple of outings organised last year but with one thing and another nothing happened.

My first proposal for this year is to meet up at Hermiston Gate Retail Park, Edinburgh (timings still to be worked out) and combine a drive around the borders with a visit to Jim Clark Room, Duns. Clicky . After the vist a short blast around the borders again and then a bite to eat at Carfraemill Hotel Clicky. Although we are not a Coach Party we may have to book if there is a number of us. Please add your name to the list below and indicate if you want to stay for a meal.

Clicky here for possible route

I have driven some of these roads and will check out the ones I haven't driven to make sure they are suitable/wide enough for Esprit's.

All Lotus models are welcome.

If anyone has suggestions for future runs or places to vist etc please post your suggestions in your reply.

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie

Mike I have added your name below and removed Mark & Jane who are unable to attend.

1 & 2 Brian & Jackie (including munchies)

3 & 4 Mark and Jane (including munchies) Unable to attend

3 & 4 Allan & Debbie (including munchies)

5 & 6 Gordon & Linda � Preliminary yes� will depend on timings - Will need to confirm later Unable to attend due to illness

5 & 6 Derek & Karen - Provisionally, subject to running in being done, and dog sitters!

7 & 8 Euan & ????

9 & 10 Andrew C & ???

11& 12 Mike & Georgia (including munchies)

Edited by bingoking

• 2 weeks later...

Having now looked at the original route in detail I felt that a 3 hour road trip around the borders from Edinburgh via Lanark to the Jim Clark Room was just a bit too long.

So in discussion with Allan Matheson (Al.) and after driving a variation of the original route with him last weekend we decided that a 2hour run from Edinburgh to Duns was about right. The route below is about 2hrs 15mins

Click here for map of the route

The timings for Sunday 11th April will therefore be as follows:

Arrive Hermiston Gate Retail Park in time to leave at 12:30hrs

The route takes us through Peebles, Innerleithen, Selkirk and Kelso

There is time for a comfort stop in one of these towns with Selkirk being half way.

Arrive Jim Clark Room 15:00hrs Admission Free

Depart Jim Clark Room 16:00hrs

Arrive Carfraemill Hotel 16:30hrs

Carfraemill Hotel Website

Depart at leisure

Return trip to Hermiston Gate takes about 40 minutes

All timings are approximate depending on traffic etc however the Jim Clark Room closes at 4:00pm on Sundays.

We have the conservatory booked and I need to confirm numbers to the hotel by 4th April so please let me know by Saturday 3rd April at the latest please.

The Bistro menu is attached but there is another menu available from 5:00pm.

Look forward to seeing you all on the 11th April.

Jo\'s Kitchen at Carfraemill.pdf

Count me in for the Cafraemill Hotel meal at 4.30pm! All sounds good

thumbup.gif

5 & 6 Gordon & Linda � Preliminary yes� will depend on timings - Will need to confirm later Unable to attend due to illness

5 & 6 Derek & Karen - Provisionally, subject to running in being done, and dog sitters!

7 & 8 Euan & ????

9 & 10 Andrew C & ???

13 & 14 James & Vanessa (including munchies)

Edited by EspritMiltonKeynes

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Thanks James, consider youselves counted in. ;)

See you on the 11th.

hi all, only joined the forum today - this sounds really good, would be nice to meet some new people. will confirm with the O/H and see if we are available.

Woza.

Hopefully you will be able to join us on this first outing.

7 & 8 Euan & ????

9 & 10 Andrew C & ???

15 Gazoo (including munchies)

Edited by bingoking

7 & 8 Euan & ????

9 & 10 Andrew C & ???

16 Woza & passenger (no munchies)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Edited by woza

Just wanted to wish you guys Bon Voyage - I hope the weather holds and a good time is had by all. I'll be thinking of you whilst sunning myself on the Crossette in Cannes.

As it happens I've just had an invite for a test drive from Tesla Motors who are exhibiting at the Antibes Yacht Show this weekend. Ok yahh! That's assuming they let a scruffy oik like me in amongst the beautiful people. Talk about ideas above my station.....

Hi all,

Just checking this is still going ahead as planned?

A couple of colleagues mentioned that the Melrose 7's is on this weekend.....

Not entirely sure on the route but hopefully we won't encounter too much traffic.

See you all Sunday. Where exactly are we meeting again!?

Woza.

Warren,

Yes it is still going ahead and if you click on the link you will get the route. The route takes us through Peebles, Selkirk, Kelso all south of Melrose so hopefully not too much traffic.

CLICKY

I will bring printed copies on Sunday.

We are meeting at Hermiston Gate and leaving there 12:30pm, I will be there about midday.

See you on sunday

Edited by bingoking

Hi Brian,

I'm afraid we are a late cancellation due to dog sitters preferring to go and watch Raith Rovers tomorrow afternoon. I'm afraid Ted & Dougal are not big fans for getting squashed into a plastic car and watching the scenery pass by in a blur.

Sorry for the short notice; hope you all have a great afternoon.

Derek & Karen

You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unwelcome season. 

Disaster!

Got mega-car problems now - booked into PNM Engineering for 20th April. Won't now be able to make it tomorrow unfortunately. Really dissapointed but hopefully on the next time!

7 & 8 Euan & ????

9 & 10 Andrew C & ???

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Derek & james,

Thanks for letting me know, these things can't be helped.

Come on the Rovers! Give Gordon Brown something to cheer about!!! :thumbsup::animier:

All fingers crossed up here for a good day.

Will decide in the morning whether I leave the roof panel at home as I can't get it in the boot due to the bl***y charcoal filter.

The sun is out and it's a beautiful day for a drive around the scottish borders and it's not too late to join us.

Meet at Hermiston gate Retail Park between 12-12:30 if you want to join us.

Brian

Big thanks to Brian for arranging today - Trish and I had an amazing time and cant wait for the next one.

Beautiful roads and even nicer cars...we struggled to keep up with the v8's at times but still had an absolute blast.

:rolleyes::)

So thanks again Brian and on to the pictures....

Woza.

how small does my little elise look....

4511722068_ba4b5fb858.jpg

4511078325_3fea649aa5.jpg

following this was fun....

4511711598_d5e2465492.jpg

At the Jim Clark room

4511065631_98d890ab81.jpg

4511698954_d5d8e0ed50.jpg

4511694116_515ce3fd5b.jpg

4511689318_679c877c02.jpg

4511043505_cea70ee905.jpg

the best road of the day, need to find this one again!

4511727166_b62168d939.jpg

I am so envious having missed this today. It would have been great to meet you guys. I am still on the Cote d'Azur where its been freezing cold and raining all afternoon. Yesterday we were sunbathing on the beach near St Tropez!

Sure looks like you had the weather for it in the Borders - hopefully I can make the next one Brian. Judging by the last picture the practice I've had driving on the 'wrong' side of the road here in France will stand me in good steadwhistle.gif

Edited by hedgerley

It was a great day up here in the Borders for our run to the Jim Clark Room in Duns.

3 Esprit's, 1 Evora, an Elise and a 2-11 a great mix of lovely cars and great weather.

Warren,

Your photographs are great but I think the last one you must have reversed the film when you printed it!! :rolleyes:

A couple of our photos and a short video.

DSC05171.jpg

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8665.jpg

Thanks to all for making it a great day, nice company and a nice meal to round the day off.

Brian & Jackie

See you all on the next run.

I am so envious having missed this today. It would have been great to meet you guys. I am still on the Cote d'Azur where its been freezing cold and raining all afternoon. Yesterday we were sunbathing on the beach near St Tropez!

Sure looks like you had the weather for it in the Borders - hopefully I can make the next one Brian. Judging by the last picture the practice I've had driving on the 'wrong' side of the road here in France will stand me in good steadwhistle.gif

Mark

It was a great day and the weather was so good that I left my roof panel at home. :cool:

I was just practising for my trip to sunny Switzerland in a couple of weeks time officer. :)

Edited by bingoking

Just in as I took car in past my Niece and Nephew to give them a blast. Yup it was a brilliant day. Brilliant weather considering a foot of snow in the last week. Brilliant cars, brilliant company and even a brilliant choice of food stop. Jim Clark room was good to revive old memories too.

Looking forward to meeting you all again but how do we arrange the weather again?. Warren, Trish must have been pedalling hard on that last bit from Jim Clark room to Carfraemill to keep up as she left 2 Esprits for dead! animier.gifrespect.gif

All my photos look basically the same apart from Brian's back bumper and spoiler fill many of my moving ones, so unless I see something tomorrow on big screen I'll not post them.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023