Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1. Bahrain GP - Page 6 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1. Bahrain GP

Bibs

If you want to watch exciting motorsport go and watch the Elise Trophy.

You are so right. :thumbup:

I go see many amateur races through the year, real fun to watch for a few quid and much better than paying hundreds to go see the BRDC's Silverstone cash cow.

It's such a shame that the top formula has become the least fun to watch, I'm going to load the washing machine for the start of the australian GP, then if it's as crap as the last one I can go to the kitchen and watch my socks race each other round the drum.

:)

It doesn't matter how fast the cars are going because if it's a procession it's boring. Qualifying now becomes the only interesting part of the F1 weekend.

Edited by Bibs
Removed quote - Please use 'Add Reply' button

Make sure you stick it on a really, really, really slow spin. Then it will be just like Elise racing.

I wash a pair of Vicki's mittens to simulate Elise racing actually (and obviously, actually).

:)

To simulate Esprit racing i wash a pair of old rugby socks, they are much heavier but DO actually go round faster once they get going. They were pretty impressive and expensive when they were new socks but they are not aging well, all the tips and edges have wear, there are rips and holes here and there, and lots of bits fall off them whenever they are used.

:thumbup:

Now, you see, it may have been noticed that there isn't an Esprit racing series. This is simply because Esprit drivers long ago realised the futility of driving round and round playing chase in a faux Duncan Norvelle stylee. Elise drivers however, seem to like that sort of thing...

biggrin.gif

Not sure about the characteristics of UK dryers, but colonial machines generate the closest approximations to Elise racing when filled with 8 to 10 squirrels. If things get a little boring, I've found that tweaking the temperature dial up a bit can really liven up the action. Raccoons and skunks produce a fair representation of Esprit handling qualities, but only on the "fluff" setting, as they seem to overtemp quite easily.

I have a new glass windowed top-loader arriving on the 31st, and can't wait to view the results. The front-loader was often a challenge to fill with contestants, as the little beggars kept leaping out prior to the full field being on the grid.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Time the Комитет государственной безопасности renewed your medication.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• 2 weeks later...